Steering box

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DozerII

So maybe a stupid question, I have a 1975 Chev Caprice as a donor car for my build. Can I mount the power steering box rotated 90 degrees to give me a front to rear, as opposed to left to right movement?[S

depends on which way the arm goes/ You have to imagine it installed and see if the arm will rotate the right way or if it will have reversed steering.
Physically mounting the box on it's side won't make it leak or aything like that. that's okay.
if it goes the wrong way use a steering box that has the arm mounted backwards from yours... the screw inside will twist the opposite way.

depends on which way the arm goes/ You have to imagine it installed and see if the arm will rotate the right way or if it will have reversed steering.
Physically mounting the box on it's side won't make it leak or aything like that. that's okay.
if it goes the wrong way use a steering box that has the arm mounted backwards from yours... the screw inside will twist the opposite way.

Thanks a bunch for the info, I didn't think it would matter but had to ask.

Latest posts

Back