Undead Sleds / Rat Rods Rule - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Sleepers, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007!

Go Back   Undead Sleds / Rat Rods Rule - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Sleepers, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007! > Builds!

Builds! Post your project here... show us what you're up to! Please Note: This section is for "Builds" ONLY!

Old 06-27-2013, 09:24 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Well I got it to pull fuel out of the tank last night. I'm incredibly happy it finally runs on its own, despite having to take in a couple monthfuls of gas to accomplish that. It sounds awesome, just enough lump to the idle to know it's cammed up, even without exhaust.

Getting the gauges and everything finished up so I can actually run it for longer. Still having a slight charging/starting issue, but I should have that figured out soon.
Old 06-27-2013, 10:25 AM
Builder Junky!

Right on, right on 05. I liked the part where you learned how to re-patina your back fender after a patch job. I've been learning tricks in that area for a long time too.
On another note, you won't be needing your Dad's old '33 Dodge now so I'll take it to the dump for you. O.K.
Keep on tinkering.
Old 06-27-2013, 11:51 AM

Great job!!!
Old 07-04-2013, 09:40 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercuryMac View Post
Right on, right on 05. I liked the part where you learned how to re-patina your back fender after a patch job. I've been learning tricks in that area for a long time too.
On another note, you won't be needing your Dad's old '33 Dodge now so I'll take it to the dump for you. O.K.
Keep on tinkering.
He regularly gets offers to buy it, he quickly tells them that there is no way I'll be letting that car go...
Old 07-04-2013, 09:58 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Well I got my freshly modified center caps from Wheelsmith last night. I'll hold you in suspense until I can get a decent picture tonight. They look awesome on the wheels, and fit my *gasp* Wheel Vintiques wheels perfectly (The vendor I got the wheels from told me not to mention that they were Wheel Vintiques wheels, or they may not modify them for me). I ordered a special remover tool that I found on ebay so that I can remove the caps without scratching or damaging the wheels. That should be here this week, and will be necessary as the caps fit very tight. I thought The Wheelsmith would do a little better job on the modification, and there is some overspray on the front of the caps of the silver they sprayed on the back, but I'm very particular, and overall they're pretty good.
Old 09-04-2013, 09:44 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

I should have updated this much sooner. I had the last week off and busted a$$ to get as much done as possible. The interior is all done, complete with carpet (I guess it's not that ratty anymore), headliner, stereo, etc.

Wiring is all done, and I got the exhaust done. I went with Flowmaster Series 40 Delta flow mufflers and am very impressed with the way the big block sounds.

On Saturday I started it up and ran it for a while, it ran good, the thermostat opened, and all was good. Then the water pump sprung a leak, so I ordered a new one and it came in yesterday.

So for the rest of the weekend I busted ass and it's nearly done. Just a few other finishing touches to take care of, but I should be able to drive it this weekend. Monday night I started it up and the water pump wasn't leaking, so I took it for a 4 mile drive and it handles and drives awesome. Lots of power. But then I was at a neighbors with it and it wouldn't start, it turned out the starter was acting up. So I am getting a starter for it too, and should be good to go again...

Other than that I have a few bugs to work out already. The carb I have was jetted by the previous owner and is way too lean so I got new jets, the back tires were rubbing so I need to bring the back end up slightly, and a few other odds and ends. I've got some pictures but won't be able to post for a few days. It's registered and insured though, and I'm very happy to have been able to drive it.
1986 Caprice
1928 Model A Roadster Pickup (project)
---------------------------------------------------------------
And when Iím gone, you can call me foolish but hopefully not boring. I will have lived.
Old 09-04-2013, 04:48 PM
Got Fins?

Sure would like to see the pics!
1st start up on propane
1st real drive
Old 09-04-2013, 10:13 PM

looks awesome .. wanna see some pics
Old 09-04-2013, 10:46 PM
Ol school snake charmer!

Yeah, looking forward to pics..............better yet some video

My Current Off Topic Build Paradise Road First House on The Right

"Sometimes a right proper choking is "just what the Doctor ordered". " -- Dr. Crankenstein

"......... Ratrodsrule.com. A hot rod refuge from the vulgar, the crass and the profane." -- bob w

"I need to get my front bumper calibrated. It makes more of a BANG!!! type noise." -- Flipper
Old 09-05-2013, 04:53 AM
He's not done yet...

We are really lacking on progress pics.........

My 41 Dodge
OldWing
YZ125 Barstool
The Lambretta LI125 "Original Ganster"
Bertha '54 Chevy 210
Home Away From Home "The Teardrop"