Traffic Pix

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I looked at the 52 COE up close today. 90% solid cab. Only rust is right at the fender / door / cab / lower hinge area on both sides. They will have to be rebuilt.... come on sunday! this is killing me...[dr

Talked to the owner of the 52 COE saturday. He was just super busy over the holidays, hasn't found the old owners phone number yet, so we are still in a holding pattern...It was -1* last night so that's ok for now....[P

*(Disclaimer - facts can change at a moments notice)*

Sooo... I just received the call today...
Me: "hello?"[P
Bob: "Hi, I'm the guy with the old truck. We talked a couple weeks ago..."
Me: "Oh yes. I remember. How's it going?" wiggle, twich, pinch myself...
Bob: " Well I've been busy. Work...(insert long winded New England conversation in which neither party appears excited)...and so the wife and I talked. We would like to sell you the truck."
Me: "Ok. Sounds good. I'll call you later today or tomorrow to see if you are home before I swing up with the money."
Bob: "Ok. I should be home after 5pm."
Me: "great. Talk to you later. Thanks again."
Bob: "No problem. Bye."...Click

Me: "Holy ****!! I gotta call my buddies!...No wait. Just 1 friend, can't jinx it, it isn't in my yard yet.." YEESS!![cl[cl[cl[cl (dances off stage left...)

Lol well most of you guys are are far enough away!
If all goes well it will be my new car hauler. I already have a chevy roll back with a bad frame and aluminum 17' bed, cad 501, 4L80E.

Heading to NH with $600 in my pocket... [ddd

Really though. Cool on you. It'll make a great lookin' toy hauler. [cl

Heading to NH with $600 in my pocket... [ddd

Too late Skip! :D

As of 10:00 this morning I am the proud new owner of a 1952 Chevy COE for the staggering sum of $500! Bill of sale in hand. Now I need to work on getting it out of the field it is in and the 1 1/2 miles down the road to my house...[cl[cl[cl[cl

I will start a build thread on it and document the trip home etc. [P

Too late Skip! :D

As of 10:00 this morning I am the proud new owner of a 1952 Chevy COE for the staggering sum of $500! Bill of sale in hand. Now I need to work on getting it out of the field it is in and the 1 1/2 miles down the road to my house...[cl[cl[cl[cl

I will start a build thread on it and document the trip home etc. [P
[cl YEA!!!! [cl

COE

Congratulations, JFG! COEs are definitely cool. My 55 Ford C600 build has been a lot of fun. I'm almost finished. My computer is in the shop so I haven't posted any pictures recently. Again, congrats, and good luck with your build.

Lynn

Latest posts

Back