Traffic Pix

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw this while I was fillin' the Nova up... don't see many of these on the streets! Old gray beard my age! [ddd

Regular was $1.88!

BoB

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 75
Love the XKE Tripper!

I lusted after one in the '80's. I saw it sittin' under a tree near a friend's lake property... beautiful car but never seemed to move, just sat there. The next summer it still hadn't moved... so, I ka-nocked on the door and asked about it... needed a starter or something SIMPLE, gonna fix it, not for sale. OK... left my name and number, "call me if you change your mind."

I asked twice more over the next few years and gave up. The car never moved and the last time I saw it, it was sunk to the axles, windows poked out, covered in moss and rotting from the inside out. I had to resist the burning urge to knock on the door again, say "remember me?" and offer him a 300 pound punch in the face.

Nice story, don't ya think?

Saw this one yesterday pulling in to Princess Auto (kind of like the Canadian Harbor Freight store). Had a chance to chat briefly with the owner / builder. Real nice friendly guy. 26 T coupe with sbc power, Pinto rack, Ford 9" rear. He says it goes "pretty good".

Attachments

• IMG_0541.jpg
    IMG_0541.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0542.jpg
    IMG_0542.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0543.jpg
    IMG_0543.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0545.jpg
    IMG_0545.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0546.jpg
    IMG_0546.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 58
Saw this one yesterday pulling in to Princess Auto (kind of like the Canadian Harbor Freight store). Had a chance to chat briefly with the owner / builder. Real nice friendly guy. 26 T coupe with sbc power, Pinto rack, Ford 9" rear. He says it goes "pretty good".

That's a really unique car. Could be really nice. There are a few things done on it that I always see as "hot rod faux-pas". But what do I know. I bet it's a lot of fun!

Dumpin snow in the hills 15 miles from me, sunny and 40 in down. Cruisin the sedan while the pavement is dry

Visiting my brother in the hospital in Las Vegas this pulled in next to me. 36 chevy i'm told, looking at the owner/driver he bought it new [cl

Attachments

• 36 chevy.jpg
    36 chevy.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 38
ran into a friend of mine yesterday, he was coming back from the beach. just another beautiful day in san diego

Attachments

• unnamed-2.jpg
    unnamed-2.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 63
Don't see many of these Monte's out there these daze & this was a perfect example! Friend of mine had a gorgeous black one. Only thing... those early 350's *sucked* the go juice!

BoB

Attachments

• Monte.JPG
    Monte.JPG
    159 KB · Views: 43
Enjoying a samich at my favorite BBQ stand and this guy pulled in to check out my ride...40 GMC on 80s GMC frame...had alot of stuff stuck to it but he was out driving....

Latest posts

Back