Dream Shop

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing but professional quality work from you now, buddy.[cl

I wish! The tools don't make the craftsman Bob. I could have every tool and piece of shop equipment known to mankind and still wouldn't be able to match what I've seen come out of your garage. Maybe someday .. but not yet.

Yes SC., we have many dang fine craftsmen on this forum to watch and learn from. I salute all of you.
Some people don't appreciate a pile of scrap iron or parts, but we as creators need 'material sources', such as [insert the 'J' word here] piles.
Keep on tinkering.

The welding table in action and the reinforced bead roller - still needs some paint to finish it off. I will have to move stuff to use stuff but the "fabrication corner" is coming together.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1462.jpg
    IMG_1462.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1464.jpg
    IMG_1464.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1465.jpg
    IMG_1465.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 38
This set of torches has spent the last 30 years or so packed away in a box. Today I resurrected them, bought oxygen and acetylene cylinders and made a cart for them from an old hand truck. All in all a pretty good day.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1466.jpg
    IMG_1466.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 45
This set of torches has spent the last 30 years or so packed away in a box. Today I resurrected them, bought oxygen and acetylene cylinders and made a cart for them from an old hand truck. All in all a pretty good day.

attachment.php

nice but I`d definately have that set checked or rebuild... just my 2Cts

Another day of puttering .. got some stuff up off the floor by installing these tire racks.

attachment.php

Then I painted the bead roller. While the paint dried I drilled and tapped for grease fittings and added a return spring to the top roller.

attachment.php

attachment.php

And then .. finally .. the FedEx truck arrived with my new tig welder. Now all I have to do is learn how to use it. Much more frustrating than I expected so far.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1467.jpg
    IMG_1467.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1469.jpg
    IMG_1469.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1470.jpg
    IMG_1470.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1472.jpg
    IMG_1472.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1473.jpg
    IMG_1473.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 39
the FedEx truck arrived with my new tig welder. Now all I have to do is learn how to use it. Much more frustrating than I expected so far.

"Practice makes perfect." I was an experienced welder and fabricator before I ever laid my hands on a TIG machine. (It comes easy to some, hard to others.) I'm in the hard category, but found the handle eventually...

Trial and error... if you have the patience, you'll figger it out!

"Practice makes perfect." I was an experienced welder and fabricator before I ever laid my hands on a TIG machine. (It comes easy to some, hard to others.) I'm in the hard category, but found the handle eventually...

Trial and error... if you have the patience, you'll figger it out!

Thanks for the encouragement Doc. So far I seem to be getting more practice at sharpening the tungsten than anything else but there have been some brief moments of hope in the couple of hours I've been trying. This will definitely take patience. :)[;) Practice, practice, practice .. and some you tube videos to try get some pointers.

I purchased the same Tig welder for myself...seems to be a nice piece so far. I agree with Dr Crank...it's going to take a lot of practice. My last project was challenging enough on it's own regardless of welding choice. Starting with the Tig, I eventually fell back to a Mig to finish up. It is without a doubt a finesse thing which will be valuable if I'm ever able to master it.

Latest posts

Back