New Girl from So-Cal

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, I have to admit, that there are times I have to exercise my vanity.:D
What can I say, girls will be girls. But, I can't give up the chance to play a gig or two when people are requesting to here me play. Long nails and all. Admittedly, I can't play worth a damn when they're that long.:eek: But, sometimes, even my lousy playing sounds good.[cl Funny thing is, that at other times, my good playing sounds lousy; and I can't blame it on the nails as I normally don't wear them long, because of my guitar playing responsibilities. Go figure.[S

I hide my lousy playing behind lots of distortion, some phaser and wah. Tunning down to drop B helps too. But it doesn't look like any of that would go well with your gig. LOL

Welcome to the forum.Like your cars a lot. I always wanted to learn to play guitar,but never seem to get sarted.

welcome from norcal. is that a gretsch? i got the poor-man's version, but they play pretty nice. like the cars. stand up bass is crazy! like holding on to the wrong end of a baseball bat.

Welcome to the forum.Like your cars a lot. I always wanted to learn to play guitar,but never seem to get sarted.

Thank you. As far as playing the guit is concerned, just start by picking up a decent guitar, one that you will be encouraged to play rather than not, and get a book of chords and scales. You will be supprised how much you can teach yourself. Then, take a few lessons here and there and he or she (the guitar instructor) will show you tri-adds and licks that will help you to make some cool noise. A joyful noise.:)

Good luck.

I hide my lousy playing behind lots of distortion, some phaser and wah. Tunning down to drop B helps too. But it doesn't look like any of that would go well with your gig. LOL

Yea, unfortunately, my style requires a clean sound. I can use distortion on some songs, but, mostly I play clean with a little delay for rock-a-billy slap back.

I haven't tried too much drop tuning to speak of.

Welcome

A big howdy from Iowa the land of tall corn, giant whitetales. Oh I about forgot lots of undiscovered old cars and trucks in the fence rows and barns. Again welcome, Ron

Latest posts

Back