New kid needing help, loving rats!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Call it what you want - we don't get too stuck on names here.

That's a later cab style than what you'd have and it's been chopped. Looks real good though - those Dodges can be hard to work with because of the funky way the front fenders/hood/front clip is split up. And the bump outs on the doors. If you plan to just run hoodless, no real problems there.

Saw it at HCPU.
IMGP0606.jpg

The dodge truck you have in the pic is 48 up the 47 has rounder fenders at least up here in Canada 39-47 are one body style the 48-53 has the body style you showed.

The dodge truck you have in the pic is 48 up the 47 has rounder fenders at least up here in Canada 39-47 are one body style the 48-53 has the body style you showed.

yeah, i think the guy who's selling it it's got it wrong, cause i've searched for images and i cant find them as a 47,they are way rounder and with a different grill and stuff, he also post it as a fargo truck, and i have only saw them as desoto, i don't really know the difference or similarity of them, do you? can you explaint it to me?

anyway, i appreciate the help you guys have been giving to me, so if i get it i'll post the pics here thanks!!

Call it what you want - we don't get too stuck on names here.

That's a later cab style than what you'd have and it's been chopped. Looks real good though - those Dodges can be hard to work with because of the funky way the front fenders/hood/front clip is split up. And the bump outs on the doors. If you plan to just run hoodless, no real problems there.

Saw it at HCPU.
IMGP0606.jpg

well yeah its a lot different, but i think this style could look pretty cool in the truck i want, dont you?, i would not like to go hoodless, cause the desoto's got a pretty nice split hood, also i think the top chop of the one i want its way easier, u know, no curvy windows in that one, well at least in the pics i have seen of the one i'm interested in, i think its a lot easier that way, thanks for the help!

keep the rats up

Welcome! easy choices for me 47 Dodge/DeSoto then maybe a 68 Ply. will post some pics of a 47 DeSoto my brother and I both had a hand in building -my brother still has it.

47 DeSoto

Here is two pics of our project(now my Brothers) 47 DeSoto Chopped Coupe, has a 1977 Volare front suspenion,1975 Ply 360, and a 727 trans[;)[;)

Attachments

• 47 DeSoto.jpg
    47 DeSoto.jpg
    217.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 47 DeSoto Chop.jpg
    47 DeSoto Chop.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 3

Latest posts

Back