Newbie in Colorado with first time project- 1929 International

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reptar_head

Hey all, I'm new to rat rods/ hot rods so I've been lurking around taking in all the info. I'm a long time gear head, went to Wyotech when I was 18 and worked at a dealership for quite a while thereafter.

I've never had a really old project, and this one has been sitting on my families property since well before I was ever even a thought. From what my family remembers, my great grandpa bought it new in '29, but it has been parked in the same spot since sometime in the '50s. Here it is, an International 6-speed 1 ton pickup.
100_5708.jpg

100_5709.jpg

I've already got a bunch of questions that I'll post in the other sub forums, but I thought I'd introduce myself. I'm in Pueblo, CO so if there are any nearby members that want to get acquainted, I'm sure I'll be needing some help at some point.

Welcome to the site!!
Lots and lots of possibilities there, can't wait!!!

One suggestion make sure you have a VERY solid plan before you start!![cl

Plan so far is suicide front end, Z the rear and air bag it. Not totally decided on powertrain, but we'll probably just go with SBC. Moderate chop on the top, and of course channel over the frame. I can't get too crazy with the body because my 6'3" dad still has to fit in it.

First thing is figured out wheels, I posted a thread here http://ratrodsrule.com/forum/showthread.php?p=247588&posted=1#post247588 about my wheel situation, if anyone has any info it would help out a lot. Like I said I'm fairly new to this really old stuff.

I love this truck, Try and keep the wheels but not the brakes!! You can make anything work with some thought and patience. It looks like you can remove the old drum from the spokes start there and plan ahead. go to a junk yard and start taking measurements of EVERY FRONT BRAKE YOU CAN FIND.

GOOD LUCK

welcome from the other side of Colorado. I Make it to pueblo once a year at least for a few days to a week for some serious fishing in pueblo reservoir, id love to hook up with you and check this thing out. Wont be until the summer but would still be pretty cool. Ill be watching this build.

welcome from the other side of Colorado. I Make it to pueblo once a year at least for a few days to a week for some serious fishing in pueblo reservoir, id love to hook up with you and check this thing out. Wont be until the summer but would still be pretty cool. Ill be watching this build.

Hell yeah, hopefully by summer she'll be rollin at least.

Welcome from Denver. I make it down to Pueblo for the occassional RMVR race at Pueblo Motorsports Park and for the Street Rod Nationals event when it doesn't conflict with the Pikes Peak hill climb race. Looks like a great truck to start your build with.

Welcome to RRR..I think I'd try to lower it as much as the fenders would allow but leave them intact, those are gorgeous..cool project and family history can't be beat..

Tim

Latest posts

Back