project blackburn(42 ford)

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
did some more work today i ended up putting one more pie cut into the roof just so it would line up better and did some welding and grinding

Blackburngrind.jpg

Blackburn.jpg

heres some pics of the really "safe" old frame

070311154214.jpg

070311154232.jpg

nice leaf springs
070311154237.jpg

um yeah its probally a good thing my grandpa quit driving this thing

bought an electric fuel pump at napa hooked up some lines and wires now the engine runs awsome now i just have to figure out how to make it jump into the truck [S

not much to update but i have some seats in the ol thang i took this picuture today for the upstairs in our shed

Ratty.jpg

coming soon better video of the flattie chugin away

okay one last big project in the way then im hitting the blackburn again

enginewithturbo1.jpg

its my daily driver an 89 probe GT i upgraded the turbo and port and polished the head a long with a diffrent short block

well I finally started working on it again I wanted to all year long but my summer was filled with derby cars I had to get my Lincoln ready to die do a mild engine rebuild for my brothers car plus build a car for my dad I didn't even have time to get my new car ready but now that derby season is over the ratting begins. today I didn't get much done physically but I have came up with a plan rather than spending a few grand to rebuild the flathead, I'm going to buy a 94 crown vic with a 4.6 and pull the engine, tranny and everything electrical and put it in the Blackburn so I can a very reliable, decent horsepower ,fuel injected engine then the leftover crown vic chassis/body will be used in a 80s and newer demo derby

well I got a different crown vic same year but under the hood its in better shape. I even drove it home

I got the front clip pulled off it and started measuring thing then I realized the engine will not fit the Toyota chassis it will hit the steering box after measuring the Toyota a little more I deiced im going to cut the front sub off the crown vic and weld it to the Toyota frame that way I will be able to use the steering box and column out of the vic and maybe the rear end that way I would have 4 wheel disc brakes

well here's some pictures of the donor car and also this sweet little trailer my dad had gave to him

this trailer needed a little tlc we replaced the wood and had to change a wheel along with the wheel studs the only problem is the wheel we replaced it with is really bent. I'm planning on hooking it up to the Blackburn when its done and taking it to carshows maybe ill have to build a ratty bike to put in the trailer to;)

Latest posts

Back