1965 Fargo 100

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're gonna love that suspension

I enjoy reading threads like these to learn some thing new (At least for me) as I have never bagged a suspension or done any of the kinds of mods you are doing.
I have notched a frame or two but always in conjunction with stock but lowered springs and rear ends.
[P [P [P
Torchie

I enjoy reading threads like these to learn some thing new (At least for me) as I have never bagged a suspension or done any of the kinds of mods you are doing.
I have notched a frame or two but always in conjunction with stock but lowered springs and rear ends.
[P [P [P
Torchie

X2. I love the sharing of information on this site.

[P [P [P
Torchie

X2. I love the sharing of information on this site.

I hear ya on that, without this site I would have a whole lot of unanswered questions, and not enough knowledge to attempt these builds.

A little more progress, the C Notches are complete with the cut outs done. Diff travels through full range with out any binds and popped tack welds. So I removed the Diff and have been working on the finish welding.
Here's a couple pics and a video.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

https://youtu.be/aLC9bTMW4xg

Attachments

• Resize of Cnotch2 001.JPG
    Resize of Cnotch2 001.JPG
    131.2 KB · Views: 95
  • Resize of Cnotch2 002.JPG
    Resize of Cnotch2 002.JPG
    145.8 KB · Views: 98
  • Resize of Cnotch2 003.JPG
    Resize of Cnotch2 003.JPG
    121.5 KB · Views: 98
I love it when I get motivated ;) it just doesn't happen as often as it used to. :D
Got the Air bags mounted, and the new cross member in. Still have to final weld the air bag mounts and add come bracing to the cross member, but it goes up and down.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

And a video of it working

https://youtu.be/1bY79N0ahv8

Attachments

• Resize of Swept line goes up and down 001.JPG
    Resize of Swept line goes up and down 001.JPG
    136 KB · Views: 135
  • Resize of Swept line goes up and down 002.JPG
    Resize of Swept line goes up and down 002.JPG
    129.8 KB · Views: 133
  • Resize of Swept line goes up and down 003.JPG
    Resize of Swept line goes up and down 003.JPG
    120.4 KB · Views: 131
  • Resize of Swept line goes up and down 005.JPG
    Resize of Swept line goes up and down 005.JPG
    129 KB · Views: 133
Cool nice work ur gonna have to come move in for a month and do the four link on my samurai lol, awesome work Bro.:D

So back a while when I was about to try fitting the cab on the Chevy chassis. I made the mistake of cutting a big hole in the firewall to make room for the distributor. Then after getting everything set in place, it was deceided moving the motor ahead, down, and to the left had to be done. Doing that meant there was no need to trim the firewall, so that is what I have been repairing for the last two days.

Morale of the story is measure, measure and measure again before you cut. [S[S [;)[;)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Resize of Sweptline motor clerance 001.JPG
    Resize of Sweptline motor clerance 001.JPG
    126.7 KB · Views: 66
  • Resize of Sweptline motor clerance 002.JPG
    Resize of Sweptline motor clerance 002.JPG
    129 KB · Views: 66
  • Resize of Sweptline motor clerance 003.JPG
    Resize of Sweptline motor clerance 003.JPG