Losing one of our own

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sorry I never traveled his way and met him. (He was fairly close, 500 miles from here.)

RIP WB3. See you on the other side...

This truly saddens me. Spent a good deal of time posting back and forth with him on this site as well as another..you will be missed WB! God bless you:(

I remember thinking what a brave guy he was after reading his post about his health and his fate. We can only hope we have half the courage when our time comes...a great man for sure R.I.P. WB3

Couldn't have said it better myself. I am saddened to hear of his passing.

I have not been on here very long and did not know him but it is always sad when someone is taken from us too soon. RIP Sir. Jim

Well this is a shocker. Haven't been here in awhile due to my world going upside down with the passing of my wife. So ..prayers for the family of WillowBilly, I know their pain. Hope this is a wake up call for any that don't know Jesus. No man comes to the father but by Jesus, get to know him before it's too late...:(

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0015.jpg
    IMG_0015.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 104
Well this is a shocker. Haven't been here in awhile due to my world going upside down with the passing of my wife. So ..prayers for the family of WillowBilly, I know their pain. Hope this is a wake up call for any that don't know Jesus. No man comes to the father but by Jesus, get to know him before it's too late...:(

Sorry for your loss .

Thanks for sharing BH...that was great reading !... He was a truly unique person and his way of life might not be for everyone, but it meant the most to him...an artist, car builder and general all around good person... sorely missed!

Very well said Bob. While I never met WillowBilly in person, I think we were likeminded in a lot of things. His input here will be missed, and my thoughts go out to his family.

Rest in Power friend. It's nothing but roadster weather from here on out...

For the last month I've tried to write a PM to Willowbilly but never got it done. I couldn't find the words.
What I wanted him to know is how much respect and admiration I had for him. He crammed two lifetimes' worth of experiences into one too short lifetime. He was a good writer and a found object artist who won awards for his creations. That talent served him well building his roadster. Little money, lots of creativity.
He did a great service rescuing rusty hulks from ranches and ravines and put many of them in the hands of hot rod builders.
His name "Willowbilly3" was a take on "hillbilly". He lived in Alaska near swamp willow trees. Thus the name of Willowbilly.
When he was in Minneapolis for treatment I offered to visit with him or run errands. But being the self sufficient, independent man that we was, he never called.
Gonna miss you, man. You lived a life bigger than most.

Latest posts

Back