Custom Mopar ????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hang in there Torchie, hopefully the stomach has settled down by now. I'm confident that you've overcome worse, but it's still never fun.

Isn't it something when we are glad it's just the standard ole stomach flu

Indeed OI.[cl
Thanks for the well wishes gang.:D
Feeling much better so far today.
I was even able to get a nights sleep for the first time all week.
Going to go slow and easy for a couple of days.:)
Keep on keeping on.
Torchie

stomach flu = something you ate? :)

glad it was "nothing"![cl[cl

Doubtful joedoh.
As a retired chef I’m careful in regards to food handling.
Most likely picked it up at one of my multiple Drs appointments. It’s the only place I’ve been other then home.
Got the car issue resolved today as well. Hopefully.
Torchie

i wondered, because when I say I have stomach flu i really mean that someone (usually a family member) gave me food poisoning with undercooked or improperly handled food. :)

i wondered, because when I say I have stomach flu i really mean that someone (usually a family member) gave me food poisoning with undercooked or improperly handled food. :)

LOL. Mrs T is a retired Chef as well. So we have the the kitchen/food stuff under control. We both learned the first rule of cooking. "When in doubt. Throw it out.":eek::cool:
Had a bit of a relapse yesterday but today has been fine. I'm just real weak at the moment which bums me out as it was 65 and sunny here today.
I'm hoping to feel good enough to get some shop time in tomorrow as Weds and Friday will be Drs. appointment make up days.
Going to be in the low 70's.[cl :D [cl
Torchie

Just thought of this, since you all are both chefs and know your business with handling food, I wonder what your water source is. We lived in Brazil for 18 years, and I was apparently very susceptible to getting amoeba-related digestive issues. (The first time I got it, I ended up in the hospital with severe dehydration due to amoebic dysentery, a fancy name for non-stop diarrhea, "Montezuma's Revenge" as they called it back in Oklahoma.) My wife always soaked vegetables for 20 minutes in either iodine water or bleach water. (Especially leafy stuff like lettuce.)
There are medical treatments for getting rid of amoeba and intestinal worms, but the natural way is to starve them out. (An American nurse told us about this method.) Drink only water that has been boiled for at least 10 minutes. Mix in the stuff for rehydration - we got it in small packets. Don't eat anything until 24 hours after the last "episode" in the toilet. Just drink a large glass of this water every hour, or as much as you can stand it. Then when you start eating again, just take crackers and stuff like apples, w/o the peeling. It would take up to 3 days of this to cure me, and for a skinny guy like me, it was a bit punishing, but it always worked.
But if you have a water well, I'd get it tested. The fact that your wife hasn't had it doesn't mean that there isn't an issue - my wife never got it, either, just me.

Thanks all.
Doing much better today.
Thanks for your input Neto.
Well has been tested multiple times and is good to go. Deep and clean. ( Around 220 foot deep.)
I’m still awaiting some test results so that may shed some more light in things.
I most likely picked it up at one of my many Drs appointments over the past 2 weeks. As it is My Eye surgeon won’t see me until I’m fully vaccinated because he’s concerned about exposure in waiting rooms. Fragile I am.😜
Heading out to the shop. Wish me luck👍
Torchie

Back at it. Slowly...
Cut out more rust and fitted in more inner rocker.
I'm working directly under the quarter panel patch I made.
Made the command decision to keep the rear boxed mount as it's about 80 percent solid and I can easily replace what isn't.
Plug welded in the outer skin then had to stop as my nozzle lost it's insulation and it was the last one I had.
Once this is all welded in I will trim the bottom edge like I did on the DS.
Off to the suppliers tomorrow.
Not exciting but it's progress.[cl
Torchie

Attachments

• 2-6.jpg
    2-6.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 2-7.jpg
    2-7.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 16
  • 2-5.jpg
    2-5.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 16
  • 2-4.jpg
    2-4.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 2-1.jpg
    2-1.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 17
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 16
Glad to see your back at it.[cl[cl Overhead rot repair is a pain. It's tough to keep slag and spatter out of the cup. Sometimes you can pick it out with a screw driver or hooked pick. Sometimes it melts itself in to it so hard it won't come out. Keep going and it will all get done.[P[P

Picked up the correct welding nozzle today and just as I was getting ready to head out I got a call to come in for my 2nd Vaccine shot.
This was for the one I had to cancel last week when I was ill.
I also noticed that I burnt some holes in my liner that holds the fake leg on.
My welding apron slipped of my lap and the sparks went through a pair of insulated Carhartt overalls and put about 6 holes in the liner.
No wonder my leg wanted to fall off when I stood up.:eek::D
Torchie

Attachments

• 2-10.jpg
    2-10.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 2-8.jpg
    2-8.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 2-9.jpg
    2-9.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 12
Glad you're feeling better and back at it Torchie,

I can honestly say you are the only guy I know with the problem of burning holes in your fake leg liner and your leg tried to fall off:eek::D!!

Stay after brother.

Not in the mood to weld today so I got under the car and took some measurements for the 2 middle body mount pads on the PS.
I will cut them out tomorrow and hopefully get them Both pads welded in.
Started to strip out the donor S-10.
DS door off.
It's been off before. The upper hinge pins was in upside down.
PS has been untouched. That's for tomorrow.
Keep on keeping on.....
Torchie

Attachments

• 2-1.jpg
    2-1.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 15
  • 2-4.jpg
    2-4.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 15
  • 2-5.jpg
    2-5.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 2-6.jpg
    2-6.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 2-7.jpg
    2-7.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 2-8.jpg
    2-8.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 14
I like tearing things apart. S10 hinges wore out a lot of bushings. I changed a few.
Those hinges were not the best design GM ever came up with. I sold the doors off of my donor to a kid with some bad hinges on his truck. I had to show him how to change the locks out. He thought he needed the key with the doors.

Latest posts

Back