Big Block Bantam

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Baby Block Bantam Art

10 year old Grandson, Matthew is coming over tomorrow to apply his handiwork to the Bantam doors I picked up a paint set containing 36 colors in small bottles He'll be putting a turkey in running shoes and a head band in the blank area of the shield on both doors.

Attachments

• marriage 002.jpg
    marriage 002.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 27
10 year old Grandson, Matthew is coming over tomorrow to apply his handiwork to the Bantam doors I picked up a paint set containing 36 colors in small bottles He'll be putting a turkey in running shoes and a head band in the blank area of the shield on both doors.

What's the speedboat about, Bob?

The door art is similar to Gabby Bleeker's Fuel Altered Bantam coupe. On his he had images representing his job and his pastime (beer mug).
I wanted to show Jim's other hobby which was boat racing. The lower image was a tree house representing my brother Ken's property in Kansas where he has numerous tree houses and other facilities for cancer survivor kids and their families. Both Jim and Ken contributed parts for the build. Unfortunately, Ken and I had a falling out and his part of the build is no longer there. In modern terms, he's been cancelled. I'm having my grandson put my past hobby, distance running, and my fondest childhood memory, turkey farming at my Grandfather's place, on the door. That's why a running turkey will replace the tree house.

Matt Does Door Art

Today 10 year old grandson Matt came over to work on the door art. The first step was to sketch the turkey in pencil. He followed that with outlining in Sharpie. Matt had to mirror image the turkey for the other door so it faces forward on both doors. He's going to let that dry. Stay tuned for color, probably next week end.

Attachments

• Matt 001.jpg
    Matt 001.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 26
  • Matt 003.jpg
    Matt 003.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 24
  • Matt 004.jpg
    Matt 004.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 26
  • Matt 005.jpg
    Matt 005.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 25
  • Matt 006.jpg
    Matt 006.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 27
  • Matt 007.jpg
    Matt 007.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 25
  • Matt 008.jpg
    Matt 008.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 24
Matthew is putting a little color on the bird.

Attachments

• color 001.jpg
    color 001.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 28
  • color 002.jpg
    color 002.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 28
  • color 003.jpg
    color 003.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 27
Turkey Done

Here's Matt and his sister Charlotte. He's putting the rest of the color on the turkeys and re-outlining them for a sharper image. Looks really good on the car.

This girl took a look in my window yesterday. By the time I got the camera out she was sauntering down the driveway.

Attachments

• Turkey Done 002.jpg
    Turkey Done 002.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 29
  • Turkey Done 003.jpg
    Turkey Done 003.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 29
  • Turkey Done 006.jpg
    Turkey Done 006.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 29
  • Turkey Done 007.jpg
    Turkey Done 007.jpg