Custom Mopar ????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Get well soon.
Has this happened before?

Yes it has OI. But not in a while.
I don't have a lot of leg left below the knee.
When I sit on the short rolling stool to move my self around I push with my legs or plant my heels and pull towards the direction I need to go.
The planting of the heels and pulling towards them is what did it.
Dislodged the stump in the receptacle enough to rub and cause a row of blisters to form on the very bottom.
The question is how long they will take to heal up now.
So I wait.......
Thanks to all for the support.
Torchie

How high does this stool sit?

(Just wondering if one of those battery powered chairs could be modified for enough height clearance, so you could move around w/o using your legs to move yourself. I know that new ones are terribly expensive, but used ones show up from time to time in auctions, and sometimes don't bring a whole lot.)

How high does this stool sit?

(Just wondering if one of those battery powered chairs could be modified for enough height clearance, so you could move around w/o using your legs to move yourself. I know that new ones are terribly expensive, but used ones show up from time to time in auctions, and sometimes don't bring a whole lot.)

Only about 16 inches off the floor Neto. I put it in the raised position to sit down on it. Then lower it all the way down once I'm one it. I can just barely get under the car with it and I can't raise the car any higher.
I'll just have to be more aware next time I get under there.:eek:[ddd
I've done garage stuff from my wheelchair before. It is doable but something always seems to be in the way of me getting close enough to the work to do it comfortably.
Torchie

Here's one for sale in Akron, Ohio. (My general area)
https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/p720x720/161460494_10225094724500734_6537768937097336736_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=3b2858&_nc_ohc=qop7Q8qresQAX9oDljP&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&tp=6&oh=c7a8f2ddc80d6f39b89a81b9c7897196&oe=609DC930

Batteries down, possibly bad, flat tire (won't hold air). $50.00. I was thinking that the lean could be cut off, and the controls moved down lower.
This chair wouldn't have a lift feature, like the recliner my BIL had after he got cancer. (It lifted him up to an almost standing position, & would practically throw a lighter weight guy across the room - just exaggerating...)

Rest and heal up well before you go at it again - like was already said, we need your inspiration around here, but not at the expense of your health. Take care!

Be prudent, my friend.

My middle name bob.:D
I haven't survived all I have by being stupid or careless. All evidence to the contrary.:eek: :p [ddd
Here is the rolling stool I have been using/ 15" tall when in the lowest position.
Here is the creeper. I'm thinking of putting a wooden box on it for a seat riser.
The benefit of this one is that it rolls much easier then that cheap HF stool. Which is what I believed caused the stump issues.
Nothing will happen before next Weds which is when my stump follow up visit is.
Now I'm getting a sore butt from sitting around so much.:eek: :D
Torchie

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 2-1.jpg
    2-1.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 2-4.jpg
    2-4.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 14
Sorry to hear about the troubles with your stump. Sorry I haven't checked in in a while. I don't know if you have any organizations that will help out with something like a chair. The Lions and the Elks out my way will lend fixed up used chairs, walkers, crutches, etc. Maybe they could help you out. Take it easy and heal up.

Might be time to ditch that stool. It looks from here like the seat is starting to tilt over. Once that starts, its only a matter of time before it tips over under you. I saw on one of the YouTube shows a guy had an old office chair that he took the back off of and used for the same purpose. Much stouter, and it has handles for pushing up on when it is time to stand.

Take care

Might be time to ditch that stool. It looks from here like the seat is starting to tilt over. Once that starts, its only a matter of time before it tips over under you. I saw on one of the YouTube shows a guy had an old office chair that he took the back off of and used for the same purpose. Much stouter, and it has handles for pushing up on when it is time to stand.

Take care
No doubt about the cheap stool,Skip.
I've done the office chair route before as well as many other things.
I usually watch on trash pickup days and there will be at least one office chair out by the side of the road.(I know. I'm cheap.:eek: :p)
Just changed out the dressing on my stump and all looks good.
I'm still gong to stick to my timetable of no shop work until after my follow up on Weds.
So it is written. So it shall be.......:D
Thanks all for keeping me in your thoughts.
Torchie

Back under it today. Gingerly.....:)
Revamped rolling stool. Shorter but rolls much easier.[cl
PS sealed up. I may do the POR 15 and under coating tomorrow. It will be a better temp on Saturday though.
Picked up another piece of missing trim for the grill. I already have the DS one of these.
Thanks for looking in.......
Keep on keeping on.
Torchie

Attachments

• 2-10.jpg
    2-10.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 2-4.jpg
    2-4.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 24
  • 2-5.jpg
    2-5.jpg