fuel filter location

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd

He's just one of them Rusty-Chainers!
Hey guys, do any of you think this will be a problem (filter before the pump).

WP_000285_zpsf063cdf8.jpg

I've installed them both before the pump, and after the pump, never seen any difference from one location to the other.

I agree.....either way should work fine...

Had one guy that put one before and one after.....too lazy to properly clean or have cleaned the fuel tank.....[S

Poly tank and I wiped it out good. She ought to be like new. Darn NAPA guy had me second guessing.

Thanks guys

I've had problems with vapor lock on the inlet side of the pump. But, it looks like you've got it down where it won't get hot. Just remember if it's really hot outside and the engine feels like it's starving for fuel, it's probably getting vapor locked. Keep that in mind for just in case. Later.

It's recommended to put it after the pump. But I've never had trouble with them before the pump.

I would have thought that it should be before the pump to protect the pump - mechanical that is. I know they are after the pump on an injected motor with an electric pump. So basically, I really have no clue what I'm talking about :p Carry on with the discussion.

Latest posts

Back