installing a Chev LUV chassis under a 1963 Ford Falcon Ranchero

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoolVanilla

As just about everyone knows, the little falcon (and early mustangs) had basically a sheet metal sub frame on both ends of the car with only the body holding it together in between.
I've had some success using the little Chevy LUV frame under a number of other apps....and was wondering if anyone else has tried this combo on an early falcon?

Don't know how they size up with each other for wheel base and track width but they are a pretty neat little frame. Like Old Iron said the torsion bar front is cool and the frames are already boxed. My Willys sits on a '76 Luv frame.

We saw a 1961 2 door falcon on what appeared to be S10 frame at car show a few years back.
Appeared to be regular hot rod falcon until we looked under hood and saw the A arms and coil springs instead of shock towers.Checked underneath and it had full frame.
It looked cool and had a sbc engine.[dr

The 70s chevy luv chassis is hard for me to find, but the Falcon is pretty easy. It seems that just putting it on a frame makes better sense than piecing together a gasser chassis. Do you have a pic of the just the Luv frame?

Latest posts

Back