Problems with the fuel pump?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R_CK_R

Hi Guys,
After half a year it was the time that my little Olds got a Registration to drive officially and legaly on German roads :)
Today I made my first little cruise to work and my Olds "broke" down :(

The car was shaking a little bit as I drove up a little hill and it didn"t accept gas... First I thought it was because the fueltank was too empty but I refueled it, tried again it was still the same...
Could it be, that the carburetor does not get enough fuel? I've made a video from the fuel filter which is directly in line before the carburetor.
The fuel is just dripping in this filter and only when the rpm goes down.

Here is the link for the vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEEAUQC878k&feature=youtu.be

hope you guys can help me out!

a little vague as there are a number of variables...

first question....did you check fuel pump pressure? If so, what was it? That would be my first check....before I did anything else....if the pressure is correct, what is the volume of fuel....does it put out enough volume of fuel from the pump to the carb....start with the basics....fuel filters sometimes will look like there isn't much fuel in it when there actually is....not a good test ...pressure and volume first.....then let us know....

haha... found the failure...
there was a little crinkle in the fuel hose where I mounted the electric fuel pump... I replaced the hose with a longer one and now everything is good :)
today I was on my first car meet with my Olds :)

Latest posts

Back