Custom Mopar ????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks all😎 Keep the good vibes coming.
I did finally hear from the guy today. So that’s good news.
Says he hasn’t forgotten about me put it’s been raining up there and he hadn’t been able to get out to get under the car to take more pics and check the frame .
Now I’m working on lining up transport.
It didn’t used to be this hard to do everything.
Things change.
Torchie

Here we go....
The deal is done. Got the 49 Dodge donor 4 door.[cl :D :cool: Money has been sent. All I need to do is line up transportation and I'm working on that now.
I don't usually buy stuff this way but the guy's been straight ahead with me so far on this deal.
The only thing I'm not getting is the Bumpers as he's using them on the other car. I have the ones from mine although I was thinking about using some thing else anyways. He also swapped out the DS door as the 50's was dented. I get the 50 door as well as all the components.
He maintains that the frame is "really good" . Even if it's not, for $250 I don't think I can go wrong.
Good hood so I won't have to try to beat mine back into shape. Grill looks good so If I don't use it or the other one I already have I can peddle it. Complete dash and Interior trim and door handles, etc....
I'm a happy camper.
Thanks for looking in.......
Torchier

Attachments

• 117338549_2784082635194592_7312643161085004014_n.jpg
    117338549_2784082635194592_7312643161085004014_n.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 17
  • 117524424_2784082678527921_7630318337413978301_n.jpg
    117524424_2784082678527921_7630318337413978301_n.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 16
i dont know the values but to my untrained eye thats definitely at LEAST 250 dollars and a tow worth of dodge! nice find!

i dont know the values but to my untrained eye thats definitely at LEAST 250 dollars and a tow worth of dodge! nice find!

For sure joedoh
Based on E bay prices( which don’t always mean anything) I stole it.
Dodge parts are A. Hard to find. B. Expensive when you do find them. C . Especially the 1949. It’s a second series car as well as the first year for that model.
When I approached the seller I let him name the price. $250 is what he came back with.😎
Thanks Dozer. It’s nice to catch a break once in a while.
There’s one on eBay right now. The guy wants $2500 just for the dash with the radio taken out and a few other things. I guess he’s more optimistic then I am.😳
Torchie

After you get it home and inventory the parts, let me know if there is anything you are missing. I'll get out to French lake eventually, I promise. 'Course that doesn't insure what you might need is there.

Good buy on the parts car.

After you get it home and inventory the parts, let me know if there is anything you are missing. I'll get out to French lake eventually, I promise. 'Course that doesn't insure what you might need is there.

Good buy on the parts car.

Thanks bob.😎. Your offer to help is greatly appreciated.
Looks like if everything works out it there will be a road trip to it on Labor Day weekend.
Now I’m getting impatient waiting for the rest of the boat supplies to get here so I can get that done and moved out of the shop.
Torchie

Transportation has been set up and we go Saturday Morning to pick up The donor Dodge.
It'a about a 2 hour drive, one way, from me.
Up across the "Big Mac" bridge and into the UP.
Torchie

Excellent! Bargain price, and a road trip. 👍😏

Great price indeed, Burgerman. And thanks all for the positive comments.:D
It appears I'm not making the trip.:( :(
My friend called me yesterday and asked if I thought that it was really a good idea for me to spend half a day in a truck with people that have been out in Gen Pop given my current health.( That's code for," He doesn't want to be the one that kills old Torchie." ):eek: :p
Seriously though.....
This guy is an adopted son so I know he's sincere. And I appreciate that.:cool:
Plus I know that I can trust him 100 % and Mrs T feels better about the whole thing.
So on Saturday I will busy myself with the boat and wait.......
Keep on keeping on.
Torchie

I agree and thanks for caring gang.
My area is not very populated until summer then our population explodes with tourists .
Where I live is mostly people passing through on their way to one of the many lakes in my area but the guys going to get the car for me are both young and healthy and have been out working through all of this.
Plus it’s not like I don’t have any thing else to do.
I’ll post pics when it gets here.
Torchie

Latest posts

Back