28 Fast Four build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking good Dozer!!
I hang a chain under my lift and raise the engine/transmission, then role the frame under it.
Makes for an easy install.

I've run into the boom-too-long to balance right thing. Ended up putting a big weight on the back of the engine crane to counterbalance the over extended boom. U think it was a couple 235 heads or something like that. The first engine crane I built ended up nose heavy (or light in the rear) because I got the back-lean angle on the upright wrong. Its all about balance.

Looking good Dozer!!
I hang a chain under my lift and raise the engine/transmission, then role the frame under it.

Thanks Pops, that a good idea, put a beam across the two ramps with a chain under it.

I've run into the boom-too-long to balance right thing. Ended up putting a big weight on the back of the engine crane to counterbalance the over extended boom. U think it was a couple 235 heads or something like that. The first engine crane I built ended up nose heavy (or light in the rear) because I got the back-lean angle on the upright wrong. Its all about balance.

I have thought about extending things, but then I start to wonder were I may start leaking blood from when it goes wrong:eek:

Looking good Dozer!!

Thanks Pops, that a good idea, put a beam across the two ramps with a chain under it.

My mother would say, "Use your head... it's that lump on top of your shoulders." :eek: :D

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0618.jpg
    IMG_0618.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 75
The best laid plans... The chassis and drive line looks very nice.

Today I went to break in the cam in my Anglia. Ran for 15 minutes, the fuse for the fan blew and it overheated. End of story for now.

The best laid plans... The chassis and drive line looks very nice.

Today I went to break in the cam in my Anglia. Ran for 15 minutes, the fuse for the fan blew and it overheated. End of story for now.

Thanks Bob, Murphy seems to be moving pretty fast back and forth between us.

oh man that is my kind of luck and youre having it! [cl[cl[cl[cl

thanks for sharing the pain!

Ya S%&T happens I guess.

Some of my parts arrived, The Edlebrock 1906 is installed. The Mopar alternator didn't sound good and was externally regulated,a replacement one wire version is $280. Cdn so I went out to the boat parts shed and found a new Mercruiser 65 amp alt. Build some brackets to locate it and mounted and wired it. Waiting for the fuel pump to arrive so I can fire it up again.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Resize of Alternator 001.jpg
    Resize of Alternator 001.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 55
  • Resize of Alternator 002.jpg
    Resize of Alternator 002.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 57
  • Resize of Alternator 003.jpg
    Resize of Alternator 003.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 56
  • Resize of Alternator 004.jpg
    Resize of Alternator 004.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 57
  • Resize of Alternator 005.jpg
    Resize of Alternator 005.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 57
  • Resize of Alternator 007.jpg
    Resize of Alternator 007.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 57
  • Resize of Alternator 008.jpg
    Resize of Alternator 008.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 55
Got the rear suspension bump stops built and installed, I used the end shaft protector ends for a boater trailer roller along with some poly cutting board spacer discs cut from Walmart cutting boards, these cutting boards go on sale really cheap and com in handy for all kinds of uses they make great license plate backers on trailers and such. I have a couple videos up loading.

Yesterday video https://youtu.be/ht6ghnDygro

Todays https://youtu.be/rjZZW4t98jw

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• Resize of Bump stops 001.jpg
    Resize of Bump stops 001.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 33
  • Resize of Bump stops 002.jpg
    Resize of Bump stops 002.jpg