Suicide wheelbase question!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
Working on my frame in wood right now & wondered if anyone has a coupe with suicide front & what the wheelbase is. Thanks in advance!

BoB

Don't know dimensions, but if you're building your frame out of wood, go laminated. The fast growth woods of today just don't have the strength of the old stuff! And make sure you keep your headers clear. [ddd[ddd[ddd

What was the WB on the Day Tripper? Wasn't Fords WB all pretty much the same back in the day?

Could be anything depending on what the coupe body is, and how far the chassis is stretched out in front (hopefully not far!).

More info needed... [S

Don't know dimensions, but if you're building your frame out of wood, go laminated. The fast growth woods of today just don't have the strength of the old stuff! And make sure you keep your headers clear. [ddd[ddd[ddd

I was just gonna put duct tape all over it!

What was the WB on the Day Tripper? Wasn't Fords WB all pretty much the same back in the day?

If memory serves... 118" but that was a sedan. I figured a coupe would be shorter but from what I measured today it'll be 120".

Could be anything depending on what the coupe body is, and how far the chassis is stretched out in front (hopefully not far!).

More info needed... [S

It looks to be the same as a Ford body!

BoB

106" to 115" depending on if it's a 3 window or a 5 window.
My 33 Pontiac sedan is 125" stretched out.

I thought a suicide'd coupe was usually around 118" but after measuring today I figured 120". I can live with it & the BB Nailhead is 3-4" longer than a SBC!

BoB

All stock Ford chassis were the same wheelbase, coupe, sedan and pickup up to 32 or 34 IIRC.

I'd just build it so the proportions are right, you will need to back off aways and look at it a while, move stuff until it looks "right". I figure running spring behind would add 2-3" wheelbase over a spring above.

Latest posts

Back