"Bickle" 1948 3100

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Truck looks awesome Joe, so it kinda looks to me like your line of thinking must be, sell them before you get a chance to get attached to them. :D:D:rolleyes::rolleyes:[cl[cl

Truck looks awesome Joe, so it kinda looks to me like your line of thinking must be, sell them before you get a chance to get attached to them. :D:D:rolleyes::rolleyes:[cl[cl

haha no, I just like solving problems, not a lot of problems with a finished truck. I get exciited thinking about what I am going to do differently on the next truck, or maybe the next after the next.

whats more I like solving problems WITHOUT consulting a catalog. its funny because I get some grief from guys (not here) about taking the "easy way" on my builds, its really fascinating because hellooooo? have you seen me go through 4-5-6 design iterations to get something just right, and build it with my own two hands? yeah, thats so much easier than ordering parts out of a catalog or off ebay. :lol:

Joe, I think builders are problem solvers, too. Maybe we're in the minority, that is people who welcome problems just so we can solve them. Physics problems, anyway, not emotional problems.
Keep on tinkering.

yeah, this website is great because you can just build something, and even if its not something someone else would build everyone at least appreciates the work and time. If I put this build on the hamb it would last about 10 minutes, and there would be a 100 guys who havent done anything in 35 years (or 23 year olds who havent done anything at all except slick their hair) complaining about how traditional it wasnt. in my admittedly limited opinion, traditional building wasnt about ardun head flatheads and nothing else, it was about using what you had available to make something fun. all the builds on this site fit that! from skulls THAT build to torchies "I'm gonna have some fun and section and chop a car" build and literally everything in between, its all a master class on building stuff. [cl[cl[cl[cl

enough soapboxing.

did all the finishing work, took it for a photo shoot next door to the rental, its literally 50 ft off the front door, this old vintage workshop. it looks ok here but its falling down. up top and the back. wish he would sell the property but nope.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 62112529952__42E36232-4E59-4669-BBA6-1D02034A3C94.JPG.jpg
    62112529952__42E36232-4E59-4669-BBA6-1D02034A3C94.JPG.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_8034.jpg
    IMG_8034.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 32
I can't agree more with your statement, joe. [cl

I frequent many sites, but prefer this one by FAR. Nowhere else on the planet can you find such diversity, real people, real builders and home-brewed ingenuity... not to mention the total absence of drama, posturing, poo-flingers and trash mouths. :mad:

Nice photos, by the way!

Latest posts

Back