meeting other members

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MercuryMac

Builder Junky!
There is going to be a swap-meet in Regina on the 6th and 7th of October this year.
Some of our guys are coming down to it. I will be in that group and would like to meet up with the guys who live around there.
Should I put my cell phone # on here or should I take a picture of it and attach it so only members can read it?

I was hoping to get up to Regina for the swap meet but according to the better half Thanks Giving is for family not swap meets.:rolleyes:

Yes, Small, Thanksgiving is supposed to be celebrated in the fall and October is late fall here. November is definitely winter.
We had an American neighbour for a while there, so we got to celebrate Thanksgiving twice, life was great.
Anyhow, I haven't been overruled yet, Dozer, so Swapmeets can happen on Thanksgiving weekend.
My phone number is 780-814-1234.

Mac, I'm "booked" all weekend and I won't be attending the swap meet.

That said, I might be available for an early morning coffee. Where are you staying?

I don't know where we're staying in Regina on Friday night. One of the other guys booked us in. Could you phone my cell sometime on Friday and set up a date for Saturday morning breakfast. This is going to be cool.
We're going to try to get all the way to Vegerville tonight and then tomorrow go on to Lloydminster, Saskatoon and then a straight shot to Regina.
I hope to see you soon.

Sorry I missed you, Mac. (I tried, but I had a busy weekend... and then a surprise I didn't need. :()

How was the swap meet? Would you do it again?

Dr. Crank, ya, that was too bad that we didn't meet. It was a good Swap-meet but a little crowded in there for the first hour or so. It seemed like everybody and their dog wanted to be there buying the stuff I wanted.
23 Crate, it's a good thing you didn't send me your list of needs, because I got carried away and got in trouble all by my selfish self.
I bought a deuce frame with a narrowed nine inch rear-end and the suspension. With a little pinching it will slide nicely under a model A coupe that should arrive here in the next few days, [another deal all together].

Attachments

• IMG_1872.jpg
    IMG_1872.jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1873.jpg
    IMG_1873.jpg
    217 KB · Views: 24
  • thumbnail_photo%201[1].jpg
    thumbnail_photo%201[1].jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 28
  • thumbnail_photo%203[1].jpg
    thumbnail_photo%203[1].jpg
    41 KB · Views: 25
I like the coupe. [cl (Convertibles and roadsters never turned my crank... some look better than others, but I prefer a car with a roof line.)

See ya next year, Mac? If you're even thinking about it, let me know and I'll MAKE the time!

Merc,
That is a gorgeous body! Around these parts those are hard to come by and are an arm, a leg & your 1st born! Congrats!!!

BoB

Ah Crate, your wish list would have put me over the edge, as I had to dig into every pocket I had for money and my wallet and borrowed a few hundred from one of my pals that was with me.
That frame certainly is heavier than the Model A frame and wider too, a little too wide, I think.
The two brothers that were wanting to trade my roadster for their coupe showed up last night and we made the swap. Both of us went away happy; me especially. It was dark out after supper so I didn't get any pictures of the old roadster leaving, or the '55 Chevy 2door they'd found that afternoon, somewhere north of here. Here are some pictures of the Model A coupe sitting on the deuce frame.
And I found one of the roadster in the shed.

Attachments

• IMG_1878.jpg
    IMG_1878.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1879.jpg
    IMG_1879.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1104.jpg
    IMG_1104.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 16
Yes E-man, I am a scrounger, a happy scrounger at the moment. And yes, I hope to extend my cruise time quite a bit.
My plans are not to immediately work on the Model A. The six projects I have going right now will have precedence; a 1934 Plymouth coupe, a 1934 Dodge Brothers truck, the '68 Super Bee that I courted my wife in, a '46 Dodge coupe, a 1953 33 Massey-Harris, and a 1927 Twin City tractor.
My mechanical dreams are; a '57 292 Y-block that I might freshen up, mated to a mustang WC T-5, up front and the narrowed Ford 9" at the back. I have a number of motor/transmission combinations here that I could use but I've chosen the Y-block. The top will be chopped 4", and I think I'll put fenders on it as I live on gravel roads. I am going to paint it, but I don't know what colour or how shiny yet.

Latest posts

Back