I'm so Happy!!!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inked Monkey

Tarzan's tatted best friend
My paperwork from Broadway Title just came in the mail. I've been waiting for 10 weeks so this is a relief. I just need to go get an inspection and get some tags. I'm still not out of the woods yet, but supposedly with these papers I can get a title in my name. I'm giddy with anticipation! Please Please let this work!!!:p :p

My paperwork from Broadway Title just came in the mail. I've been waiting for 10 weeks so this is a relief. I just need to go get an inspection and get some tags. I'm still not out of the woods yet, but supposedly with these papers I can get a title in my name. I'm giddy with anticipation! Please Please let this work!!!:p :p

Hope all goes well with this, its really silly how many hoops ya have to jump through.

You wouldn't think they would mess with you that much. I mean, I'm trying to do everything the legal way. I could have gotten a historic document and vin tag for a lot less trouble and way cheaper! We'll see what they say???:rolleyes:

The title for an old car is one of the biggest pains in building one. I see thread after thread about this subject, and in some States is is easier than others. That is why I always just buy a title from one of the title vendors you see at shows, and the car I am building becomes that car. So far, so good.

Congrats on that first big step, it always feels so good when that title comes finally back in your name. Let us know how the rest goes.

Don

Title

I know! I thought I had died & gone to heaven when I got the title for my '31. It's not all that bad here in Tejas. Sometimes they try to hassle u but if u can find a nice person @ the DMV here it's really no prob! Congrats Inked... may the torque thrust b with u on the rest!

BoB

I had the hard road to go to get mine legal. I had to track down the previous owner and pay for his lost title plus his gas and motel room. I had to make three 400 mile trips to find the guy, then hang around until he sobered up. Boy, am I glad that's over with.

Well I just dropped the impala off at the exhaust shop. They wont be able to get to it til tomorrow or wed, but they do a killer job and cheap, so it's worth the wait. I'm using the dynomax bullet mufflers and having the pipes shot out in front of the rear wheels. I can't wait!:D :D :D

I had the hard road to go to get mine legal. I had to track down the previous owner and pay for his lost title plus his gas and motel room. I had to make three 400 mile trips to find the guy, then hang around until he sobered up. Boy, am I glad that's over with.

Lakota,
That's quite a story. I toast you for u're diligence!!!

BoB

Monkey. I did exactly what you are doing and it worked for me here in Fl. I had the same situation as Lakota only I couldn't find the previous owner, forcing me into the situation. It all worked out well in the end.

Man this sucks! I miss the car already! I know it's only been gone for the day, but what am I supposed to tinker with?:( As you can see, I'm very impatient!
Oh well, I guess it's time to work on the frame some more!

congatulations. i here it is easy in texas but i have not been clear guidance on the year i can title it. i have been told that it may end up being the year of my donor or even a brand new title, not sure how that works.

It'll be a brand new title. The year will be detemined by where you got the numbers from. The VIN numbers determine the actual mfg date. When you get it inspected is when they play with the year. If you have a 40's body and a 90's engine, they'll inspect it as a 90's car.

When I did mine, I had a car with good numbers and the correct title for the car. It's just that it was a race car that hadn't been registered for about 15 years and had passed through several hands. DMV wanted me to find all the porevious owners and have their signatures notarized on the title before they would issue me one in my name and register the car. It proved to be an impossible task. So I ended up doing what Monkey is doing and was ultimately issued a new title.

D.M.V. sometimes you get lucky...

I was worried about registering the '22.
When I bought the frame, body and assorted odd pieces that became the roadster, it came with California plates and a title.
Drove to Fresno from La Mirada, bought the "car", left a deposit, and the '22 was delivered by the fellow while I was overseas.
BUT, he signed at the bottom, rather than in the correct place, and was a couple of years past due on the registration (which I knew about).
None of the phone numbers or email I had for him worked when I tried to get the correct signature, and I didn't want to drive back to Fresno only to find that maybe the guy had moved.
So..........I took what I had to the DMV, no appointment.
Just had one of those days where you are willing to see how big the problem will be.
Also took some photos of the car along, didn't really know why..

Called my number, went to the window, and...Got a great lady who's father had built hot rods when she was a kid. Somewhere in the process, I showed her the pictures and my passport explaining why it took me a little longer to register this than they like....In 10 minutes walked out with new tags and a clear title in my name.....YES........Sometimes you just get lucky.
That lady could have had me jumping through hoops for a long time.
While I am in Russia this time, my wife says the renewal notice came in the mail, so the system is working as I would like for a change.:D

Damn strieght...your lucky.....I am still jumping through hoops on a ride that has not been registered for mor then 20 years. Thay are taking the sweet time about getting back to me from the main office. I sent in 25 pictures and a list a mile long with all sorts of quotes to have the work done. They say the cars' book value is $5400, and I say it is only worth $200 for scrap wieght. It will cost more then $12K to get it back on the road and then it might be worth some money. I really do not think I should be tagged for more then $385 on a trumped up value by the state. It really sucks how they try our patience and make us pay out fees for a placed value, no matter what the ride actually looks like. It really sucks having to deal with the pencil pushers.:eek: :mad:

Latest posts

Back