What Did Ya Get Done This Weekend?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With the truck gone I actually got to do a lil well needed maintenance pn my Nova... new front shocks, oil/filter change, lil tightening here & a lil there... etc!

BoB

A while back I mentioned that I had mounted some cast off white-walls on steelies. Well I took them out to the machine shed and bolted them onto the Model A. Today was the first day it was sunny in a while so I took a picture for you. It's -22*C which is about -6 or -7* F right now.

Ol Blue, Your truck is painted the same as mine only different!!!![S[S

Attachments

• IMG_1885.jpg
    IMG_1885.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1887.jpg
    IMG_1887.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1070.jpg
    IMG_1070.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 28
BobW, You use the phrase raw material, I use the word inventory, but my wife uses the shorter 'J' word to describe my stuff.
Here's a picture of the machine shed contents.

Attachments

• IMG_1057.jpg
    IMG_1057.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 61
BobW, You use the phrase raw material, I use the word inventory, but my wife uses the shorter 'J' word to describe my stuff.
Here's a picture of the machine shed contents.

If you got rid of that green junk in the corner you'd have more room for cars ;)

Seriously though, you look like you have some awesome tractors and some awesome car projects!

Wrong, Wrong, Wrong Yankee, that's a long door '48 Monarch coupe, [Canadian Mercury], to go with the '47 Mercury sedan next to it. I was hoping to make a chopped short door coupe '47 Mercury out of them.

Snopro, that's a John Deere 730 and was my main farming tractor for ten years in the late seventies and early eighties.

Hidden to the north of that '47 Merc are two rough shoebox Ford coupes one, on either side of that banana yellow '57 Fairlane.

Attachments

• 47 Merc coupe chopped.jpg
    47 Merc coupe chopped.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1053.jpg
    IMG_1053.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 30
looks like a chevy ha Doc ?

Common sense isn't common. (Sorry, Mac. I couldn't resist!)

Wrong, Wrong, Wrong Yankee, that's a long door '48 Monarch coupe, [Canadian Mercury]

Thanks for the ID, Mac. :D

If I may expand on the subject... Mac knows the difference, I'm sure, just a pet peeve I'm going to air here...

A Monarch is a Monarch, a Mercury is a Mercury, a Meteor is a Meteor and a Ford is a Ford. No such thing as a Ford Meteor or a Mercury Monarch, they're different "brands".

Ford of Canada created Meteor and Monarch to meet a price point and provide parity among its dealers.

- Meteor was a Ford based car with some Mercury flair and similar trim... an upscale middle-priced brand available to Ford dealers.

- Monarch was a Mercury based car with some Ford cues and similar trim... a lower priced brand available to Mercury dealers.

Many years later, the Meteor and Monarch names were revived as Mercury and Ford models. Those cars were Ford Monarchs and Mercury Meteors... strange, but true.

I can't argue with you Doc, on all of that information.

The Mercury and the Monarch in the late forties have four inches longer front fenders, which look cool, but throw the proportions off even further on those post-war cars. These coupes had too small of a bum, even in the Ford, and the Mercury blew the poor proportioning to dizzying heights. I think this is why the late forties Fords haven't caught on like some era cars have in the hotroding community.

Thanks for the link, hans. (I had it bass-ackwards. Meteor at Mercury dealers, Monarch at Ford dealers. :eek:)

Have you seen a Frontenac lately?

Saved from the crusher

attachment.php

Got my 50 Pilot inside and pulled the seized flathead. A build tread perhaps.
That show looked like fun Earthman. My first photo. Got it figured out.

Latest posts

Back