Hello From Mustang Ok

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RUSTY50F1

@$$Fault Junkie
Hi I'm new here just wanted to say hello. I like what I've read seems to be a nice place to spend time. I'm building a 50f1 350 TPI and tranny. Jag IFS and IRS from a 79 Gag. want to chop the top 5 inches. let me know what you think. any info on what I'm doing would be appreciated very much. Never put in a computed engine before Maybe a big headache . Or maybe not. ...............RUSTY

hey welcome aboard man!!! I've never done it either but the knowledge on this site is crazy man! some one will be able to help for sure!:cool:

TPI wiring

Thanks I have a stand a lone kit I bought from Ez Wire. When I get that far I'll let everyone know so they can give me some help. ...........RUSTY

Welcome!!!

F1,
Welcome to the forum... we're glad ta have ya!!! Lots of guys here that love those old Ford trucks & several people have posted top chops for 'um. If u need help findin' the thread let me know... I'll hunt it down! Make u're self @ home & feel free 2 join rat in!!!

BoB

Welcome aboard. Sounds like you know exactly what you want to do. Appreciate any progress pics of the suspensions mods you want to do. I'm thinking about starting a truck project my self.

Welcome aboard man.
Sounds like it is going to be a sweet ride. First question comes to mind:
is the stand alone unit programmable?
Have all the engine paramaters been pre-programmed in the ECU unit itself?
And have you tried to fire the motor yet?

Welcome to the forum. Fuel injection and computers are like Buck Rogers to me.:confused: I do know some major companies have created harnesses and other items to make it more user friendly now, and also that once you get it dialed in the performance and fuel economy is so much better than carbs.

It would be helpful if you do what the guys suggest.......do a build thread with lots of info so that others can benefit from your journey. And we LOVE pictures.

Don

that sounds great dude, don't worry on the fuel injection, it seems complicated but it's no worse then tuning a carb, just different. If you don't have a computer for it yet you can always go with megasquirt which is an opensource type deal. The bad thing on it is that you can't just pay someone to send you a plug and play deal, the good is that it is open source so there are a ton of maps available from other people that you can load and tune from there (for free). I promised these guys i'd write up an article on fuel injection a while back but i've been way too busy, if you have questions though i'd be happy to help out.

Thanks for the welcome.

Thanks fellas for the welcome. I haven't done anything yet the engine is still in the IROC. Hope to get it pulled out this weekend. If it ever stops raining long enough. I'm sure I'll have lots of Q's when I get that far. Everything is off the frame of the truck now. I'm sanding the frame for paint. I have the following. New old style autometer gauges set of 6, Ez-wire 22 wiring kit, Stand alone wiring kit from Ez-wire. IFS and IRS from a 79 Jag, 350 TPI with block hugger headers, and tranny with a B&M shifter, All I need to do is get it all put together. ...............RUSTY

Welcome,Sounds like you have the plan.Tpi motors are real easy to get going.Like most have said there are alot of aftermarkt stuff that make it real easy.

Progress pics please

Good luck on the build

Latest posts

Back