AB-ie has commenced

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
every thing looks great, right tires, right stance, motor is spot on and the build concept and workmanship are great:D

but those wheels just don't look right and take away from the awesomeness of this truck:(

just my opinion.

Later :cool:

Your entitled to your opinion Skull no hard feelings, I know people are gonna have different feelings about it but that's ok it's all good.

null_zps08de99f0.jpg

So here it sits in my little garage until I scrounge up some cash for the fuel tanks and coil overs.

So in my mad rush to finish the welding on pieces that aren't removable I forgot to take a bunch of pictures so I went out tonight and snapped a few to fill in any empty spot.
null_zps0e3b5c3a.jpg

The outer bracket for the upper coil over mount and the lower mount in the A-arm

null_zps3604fd1c.jpg

Steering column

null_zpse839bd9a.jpg

Lower steering column mount and steering joints, Omni R&P is only 3 1/2 turns lock to lock and the stops on the steering arms hit the lower A-arm just before that

null_zps49f835c0.jpg

I remade the upper shock mounts on the rear, made them stronger and reset the height so the Jag IRS would sit level with weight on it

I do love this truck, great concept!
what I wouldn't give for a flat floor!
I do have some questions, how low is the oil pan, and with the wheel base so long there is a definite possibility of a high center across uneven ground, the pan being the low point could be bad.

Are you adding fish plates on the main areas of weld on the frame?

Would you mind PM'ing me the details on the wheels?

i think the wheels look great.. dig the overall truck.. my only problem is you are building it so fast and making the rest of us look bad....

keep at it!

I do love this truck, great concept!
what I wouldn't give for a flat floor!
I do have some questions, how low is the oil pan, and with the wheel base so long there is a definite possibility of a high center across uneven ground, the pan being the low point could be bad.

Are you adding fish plates on the main areas of weld on the frame?

Would you mind PM'ing me the details on the wheels?

Hey Dirtyrat not sure if you can see it in this picture the lowest part of the frame is the section under the cab, the way it is sitting on the bottom of the rear end and the back corners of the frame rails the pan is still not touching the ground about 1" of clearance and the tranny pan is even higher. Speed bumps may be a concern, I'm still debating about going to shockwaves for more flexibility with ride height but the price of them may take awhile. Wheelbase is whopping 167" and I thought for sure this thing would turn like an aircraft carrier but it surprised me. When we pushed it into the garage we only had to back it up once!
null_zps5bb0ea13.jpg

I plated across the front Z with 3/16 but I have not done any of the rear Z's yet.

Sending you a PM

i think the wheels look great.. dig the overall truck.. my only problem is you are building it so fast and making the rest of us look bad....

keep at it!

Thanks CORPO I did kind of cheat some since I started it in February and didn't post up till now. This is a no frills build it just has a lot of attitude, my big push was to finish it for a 4 day show and cruise that they do here every year in July but my wheels didn't show up till the Wednesday after. I was in the shop at least 2-3 nights during the week and all day Saturday and Sunday for 5 months. There was 550 - 600 cars that showed up for the big show on Saturday from many different states and it gets bigger every year, but only maybe 40 rats the whole week!

Hey Dirtyrat not sure if you can see it in this picture the lowest part of the frame is the section under the cab, the way it is sitting on the bottom of the rear end and the back corners of the frame rails the pan is still not touching the ground about 1" of clearance and the tranny pan is even higher. Speed bumps may be a concern, I'm still debating about going to shockwaves for more flexibility with ride height but the price of them may take awhile. Wheelbase is whopping 167" and I thought for sure this thing would turn like an aircraft carrier but it surprised me. When we pushed it into the garage we only had to back it up once!
I plated across the front Z with 3/16 but I have not done any of the rear Z's yet.

Sending you a PM

Cool, looks like you have it sorted out to protect your oil pan from the front, fair enough :)
I cant imagine another 27" on my wheel base... that is dang long![cl

I'm tuned in! [P

A Ford F350 Super Cab's wheelbase is 172.4" :eek: Not too far off. I like your comment about only having to back it up "once" to get it into the garage :)

Latest posts

Back