Custom Mopar ????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That would be awkward to me. Would be more natural on the right . But Mopar put the pushbutton shifters on that side, too, so I guess it's normal.

About like the Renault my pa in law had, the turn signal switch was the right stalk, the left was the wiper. Every time I drove it, I was constantly turning the wipers on when I turned!

I think it will be good, Bama.
I drove RHD cars Many times and they all had sticks. I learned to shift left handed quite quickly.
The Mopar seemed to have the shift handle/buttons all over the place.
You are correct about most of the push button shifters being on that side. Although at the last some of them were on the RH side too..... who knows?
Quirky things, these Mopars.
Torchie

About like the Renault my pa in law had, the turn signal switch was the right stalk, the left was the wiper. Every time I drove it, I was constantly turning the wipers on when I turned!

Every Renault driver should do the Bob W. thing. Drag race it in nice weather conditions only :D

You can't go wrong when it looks so right.
Just make sure you don't mount it upside done and really get confused.
Looking good Torchie stay after it. [cl:cool::cool:[P

I think it will be good, Bama.
I drove RHD cars Many times and they all had sticks. I learned to shift left handed quite quickly.
The Mopar seemed to have the shift handle/buttons all over the place.
You are correct about most of the push button shifters being on that side. Although at the last some of them were on the RH side too..... who knows?
Quirky things, these Mopars.
Torchie

Had my right arm in a sling for awhile once while we lived in Brazil - LHD car with floor shift. Hold the wheel with my knee, reach across & shift w/ the left hand.

Had my right arm in a sling for awhile once while we lived in Brazil - LHD car with floor shift. Hold the wheel with my knee, reach across & shift w/ the left hand.

Lol. As my Dr told me when they cut off my leg. “ You will figure out a way to drive. People always do.”
You and I proved him right. Neto.😎😎😎
Torchie

Got the PS upper hinge off the donor. It's better but not there yet. I'm going to have to but some hinge pins and press them in.:eek::(
Put the custom up on dollies too.
Getting time to be able to park the daily in the shop again.:mad:
I also pulled out the bent up 49 Plymouth rear bumper I have. I'm going to need it to cut out a piece to make one of the bumpers longer for the front end.
The pile of parts if a completely balanced rotating assembly for the "Old school"301 My friend and I are building for his 64 Chevelle.:eek::cool::D
That's it from here.
Keep on keeping on.....
Torchie

Attachments

• 0-1.jpg
    0-1.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 18
  • 0-5.jpg
    0-5.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 26
  • 0-7.jpg
    0-7.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 0-8.jpg
    0-8.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 0-11.jpg
    0-11.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 19
  • 0-9.jpg
    0-9.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 0-10.jpg
    0-10.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 20
  • 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 20
Success!

Torchie, you have achieved "The Look". Gene Winfield would give you two thumbs up. [cl Although your pooch doesn't seem too impressed.:D Suggestion: send a pic of the car to Bad Chad. He could learn from zz's Packard and your car.[ddd

Torchie, you have achieved "The Look". Gene Winfield would give you two thumbs up. [cl Although your pooch doesn't seem too impressed.:D Suggestion: send a pic of the car to Bad Chad. He could learn from zz's Packard and your car.[ddd

Thanks gang😎
bob.
Our friend Chad has been getting it kind of rough lately. I see he spent an entire episode defending him self and his builds . I felt bad for the guy.......
He doesn’t need me and ZZ piled on top.🙀
I’m happy with the overall looks of the car.
I’m not happy with my lack of progress.
I’m going to order another 4x8 of 18 gauge tomorrow. Once that gets here it’s back to the floor.
Torchie.

Torchie, I agree with you about Chad. I couldn't watch much of his "defending myself episode". Too much insecurity for such an accomplished builder. His builds are so "out there" he should realize a lot of people aren't going to like them.
He has a strong fan base and should be proud of that. Look at all the gifts he gets.
He puts himself out there every day on You Tube. That's admirable. But he needs to develop thicker skin.
You are progressing just fine. Floor building in a custom is a thankless task.

Torchie, I agree with you about Chad. I couldn't watch much of his "defending myself episode". Too much insecurity for such an accomplished builder. His builds are so "out there" he should realize a lot of people aren't going to like them.
He has a strong fan base and should be proud of that. Look at all the gifts he gets.
He puts himself out there every day on You Tube. That's admirable. But he needs to develop thicker skin.
You are progressing just fine. Floor building in a custom is a thankless task.

Agree on all counts, bob.
If all our cars and trucks looked alike it would be boring. To say the least.😳
Thanks for the encouragement.
I’m just bummed that I didn’t get more done on it before the weather hits.
Once I get the floor in I will pull the body once again and do the final weld in from underneath.
And while the body is off I’ll work on the chassis.
I’ve got plenty to do.
Torchie

A generous gift from Bruno came today.
This is the shift lever and parking brake from a 1955 Plymouth.
I'm may end up using these components instead of the Dodge.
My understanding is that this came from a 55 Plymouth Dash that Bruno got from our late friend, WB3. So it's a double legacy.:cool: :cool::D :D[cl [cl
This shift lever has a totally different mounting plate as well as size. And this parking brake handle takes up way less room behind and under the dash then the Dodge does.
Thanks again, Bruno.:)
Torchie

Attachments

• 0-4.jpg
    0-4.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 20
  • 0-5.jpg
    0-5.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 21
  • 0-1.jpg
    0-1.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 23
  • 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 22
  • 0-10.jpg
    0-10.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 0-7.jpg
    0-7.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 21
  • 0-6.jpg
    0-6.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 21
  • 0-8.jpg
    0-8.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 19
  • 0-9.jpg
    0-9.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 21
My sheet metal was delivered this morning.[cl :D :cool:
The snow came 2 days ago. It will be leaving soon....:D
Keep on keeping on....
Torchie

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 11
  • 0-1.jpg
    0-1.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 13
  • 0-4.jpg
    0-4.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 0-5.jpg
    0-5.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 11
What a unique and refreshingly original project. This will look awesome painted and i don't say that very often. Love the proportionally large diameter tires too.

Thanks OI and bob.
earthman. Those were about the tallest tire I could get. I like the wheel wells to be full of tire. There is another reason I used those sized tires too. I will speak on it at another time.🙀😜
Torchie

Latest posts

Back