Undead Sleds / Rat Rods Rule - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Sleepers, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007!

Go Back   Undead Sleds / Rat Rods Rule - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Sleepers, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007! > Tractors

Tractors Yes, we love old tractors too... let's see 'um!

Old 11-26-2021, 10:10 PM
Builder Junky!

Ya Guys, I get quite a bit of happiness out of solving mechanical problems, but sometimes when the problem is still winning I get worn down.
Anyhow, I got some more little things done. I took the bracket out of there quite a few times and bent it a wee bit this way and that way and tried it again, trying to get the air-cleaner intake to point up through the hole in the hood, centered, and then have the intake stack stand straight up on top of the hood. Got it.
I mounted the voltage regulator onto the back of the bracket, and found a piece of mandrel bent tubing to go from the outlet of the air-cleaner to the carburetor.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3000.jpg (59.0 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2999.jpg (86.0 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3001.jpg (116.6 KB, 12 views)
Old 11-27-2021, 10:11 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

That's when I walk away and do something else for a bit.
It looks great.
Old Yesterday, 10:29 PM
Builder Junky!

During a 'town-day', I scoured the back room of our Napa store in the rad hose section and finally bought a 2" hose that had a few weird bends in it. I needed a bunch of weird shaped connectors for my air-cleaner to carb pipe. The hose worked out better than I thought it would. After I cut the hose into four pieces, I smeared the insides with fast orange and wiggled them on the pipes. I threw the fourth piece away, cut the expansion spring to about four inches and screwed into the 'z' shaped upper hose, so it won't collapse. pic one.
The hold down bracket for the air-cleaner got more complicated. It now holds the voltage regulator and props up the back end of the hydraulic tank. Here it is in primer [upside down]. pic two.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3003.jpg (103.7 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3004.jpg (77.3 KB, 5 views)
Old Yesterday, 10:42 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

That's what I do when I go to the parts house for hoses.
Just because the first and last bends in a hose won't work doesn't mean the other two or three bends won't.