19 and something..... Chevy ford.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
canti-weld-on2-web.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-vMmP4h_A0
[yt]T-vMmP4h_A0[/yt]

So I finally got the front bag cross member from bad influence hot rods. It is a really nice piece but will need some changes or work to be used on my setup. Nothing major. I have also placed an order for a cantilever setup from Suicide Doors to add to the triangulated 4 link that will be used for the rear. Darn friends! Talking you into building it once instead of just getting by first. I added a short video of the setup being used on an s10 so you have a bit of a better reference. We are still getting work done on the nomad, so for the time being I am still just part collecting and slowly tinkering. I am still going to be picking up a 4" drop beam and a couple other misc. parts.

On the kegs, I'd go with both of them standing up so it looked like you were hauling a couple. For the air fittings, instead of trying to get all the fitings in the keg, just plumb a manifold down below the bed & run all your fittings to the manifold.

Lookin' great, can't wait to see more!
-Chaz

Thanks Chaz. THat looks to be the plan now. The Kegs might end up being a no go all together. It depends on how much space there will be left. The only way that it will be able to happen at all is standing up now. haha.

subliminal message Bring me the Nomad. Bring me the Nomad. Bring me the Nomad.Bring me the Nomad.Bring me the Nomad.Bring me the Nomad.Bring me the Nomad.Bring me the Nomad.Bring me the Nomad.Bring me the Nomad.Bring me the Nomad.Bring me the Nomad.Bring me the Nomad.Bring me the Nomad.

With the two kegs standing, you could have a long leather belt made to strap to the cab. Bring me the Nomad. It would need to be for looks only, but could look cool if executed well. Bring me the Nomad.

Oh, and by the way, I like the Nomad. Keep the pics coming! Bring me the Nomad.

I was talking to a co-worker about this at lunch today. He suggested splitting a keg internally for half air-half fuel. 1 keg, 2 jobs. It would be a lot more work, but it could solve your space problem.

You could also, cut an access & put a 1-2 gallon air tank inside the keg & let the fuel fill up around it. Might be easier than making the aluminum a pressure vessel (especially if you're trying for the 2 in one bit.

I need to quit coming up with ideas for other folks builds & start on my own, LOL!

-Chaz

Hahaha. Clamor, I got a good laugh out of that. I like the ideas. Just not too sure what I will be doing just yet. If it stays with the theme it looks to be falling into, it is going to have to be something pretty trick.

Rat'l, you can have the Nomad if you want. lol. We tried to get some work done on the nomad today but we ended up kicking tires and working on other things more than anything. To be honest, we didn't even push it out after planning on just working on it. heh.

I guess this is a bit of update. I went ahead and ordered the front cross member. I didn't go with cenpen because I couldn't get any messages returned. I got back in touch with Mike at Bad Influence Hot Rods. I liked the appearance and dynamics of theirs anyways. Looking forward to seeing some other products to come from their way.

So i was reading through your build. Looks like its gonna be killer.

I was looking for some info on your front air setup. I noticed that you tried for cenpen with no luck. Im building a 50 binder rat and am going to go with a full bag setup on mine as well. I was looking at cenpen and i had emailed them to get more info. Guess the guy that makes those setups doesnt really do them anymore as he has other projects at hand.
I looked on Bad Influence Hot Rods web site to find the front crossmember and bag setup you are using but couldnt find it. If you dont mind me asking, is it around the same price range as cenpen?

I really like that look of a hidden bag setup but if cenpen isnt gonna help us rodders out....... we gotta find another source for such a sweet setup :)

Keep up the good build!

Jmlcolorado, I called and called and called cenpen. Left message after message and never had a phone call returned. I sent a nasty email to the owner basically asking if he didn't like money, or knew his employees were not quick to take money that was being thrown at them. I got a reply then, but had already decided to go with this kit. CenPen had been rumored to be out of business, but the owner said they were up and going.

Bad Influence link. http://badinfluencehotrods.com/airfront.html
I had issues with promised timelines from bad influence but the nice guy in me wants to just accept that it might have been due to the order being processed during show/cruise season. Or me being anxious because a company that I don't know, has my money. haha. The prices are comparable I guess you could say. The Bad Influence part looks better in my opinion. The cenpen kit gets you a couple additional items (upper shock mounts). As far as I know, the cenpen only has one lift bar length so that limits the axles you are able to use without accommodating to what you already have. The bad influence kit had different bar lengths which allowed a bit more of a choice as to axle lengths. Another benefit of being able to use the longer bar lengths will be the added lift you will see. I think I remember them saying around 7 inches of lift as compared to cenpens quote of 5. Gary Trout is who you will need to speak to at Bad Influence and Gary Waechter (sp?) is the original builder of the kit, who now works for Gary. As On another forum, there is a person that has used the kit multiple times. So, I guess that is another selling point for the B.I. kit. I would probably do it again.

42chevy, thanks! I am learning and having fun. Tonight was the first night since I took the last pictures, that I have really been in the garage. Was a really good night. Got a huge jump on the driver side quarter of the Nomad, and was one of the better nights I have had in a while. It really does feel good to get work like that accomplished.

Well, not much of an update But the cantilever back half showed up at my doorstep yesterday. I guess we can get started on the frame work now. This could get interesting, quickly. Depending on the holidays and other lil projects.
On a side note, I posted pictures in the muscle car section of the new pain in the butt. Once the nit picky things are taken care of on the '65, I will have some more time to help knock out the nomad and then get started on the frame work for the '38.

Quick pic of the dodge.
DSCF2045.jpg

Here is a bit of an update. A couple just kind of showing how the crossmember will be hidden up front. Almost a shame.
167070_181127671915874_100000559274768_533638_3037816_n.jpg

162951_181127715249203_100000559274768_533640_1063990_n.jpg

And, the rear setup finally came right around Thanksgiving I believe. It is just sitting in place while we try and figure out some stuff. I think Slash and I will be looking into some stuff right before the beers flow on New Years.
63206_181127591915882_100000559274768_533633_7806025_n.jpg

164871_181127601915881_100000559274768_533634_1881342_n.jpg

163123_181127621915879_100000559274768_533635_6504956_n.jpg

168514_181127658582542_100000559274768_533637_4364823_n.jpg

thats going to be a wild set up.. good to see you are making progress.. slash is finally making some too...

Thanks Corpo and Horn dog. Yeah corpo, slash is starting to make some progress. I haven't found his thread on here yet I don't think. Slash has given me another spark. I have two fantastic mentors and every time him or my buddy chris makes moves on vehicles, it gives me some motivation again. I have to get back in and check out yours again

Latest posts

Back