19 and something..... Chevy ford.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys. I have started getting really interested in it again. From time to time I lack the enthusiasm to continue due to the hours of work. When parts come in, interest grows again. After bs'ing in the garage before going out last night, I think I have decided to go ahead and order wheels and tires so that we can setup the rear. I think we have possibly decided on et spokes up front and some fatty et mags on the rear. Don't know just yet. Going to try and figure something out soon so that we can start making some progress.

We got around to messing with the truck the other night so I decided to toss the bed side on to get a peek.
0102111312.jpg

The canti will look pretty wild back there. I also made another big move back to something more my style. I traded off my '65 dodge polara for a '65 chevy c10 step side. It is on an LMC 4" drop kit right now but will be getting air ride asap. No wild setup like the '38 but a lil something.
0109111502b.jpg

0109111503.jpg

That is the plan Tim. Trying to work my way into an air ride setup on it also. Just won't be any kind of crazy setup for now. All my cheddar is in the '38. lol.

Got to play in the garage for a bit the other night. The brackets for the link cross member and lower link mount has been built. Then, I got to putting the whole bunch together and playing around with the 4 link. I have to wait on one of the lower link bars to finish up. I had the mounts c-clamped in one of the clamps came loose causing parts to fly. Well, unfortunately I didn't have the threaded end inserted. When the link bar hit, it caused the bar to oval out. Probably ordering the link, rear wheels and tires, etc tomorrow.

0112112059.jpg

0112112122.jpg

0116111751.jpg

0116111847.jpg

0116111756a.jpg

0116111755.jpg

So here are a few updates. Got the frame cut up and the tabs tacked to the axle. Here we go.

0122112316.jpg

0122112111b.jpg

0122112111.jpg

0123112047.jpg

Right now we are looking at laying the body out on a 30" tire. I have not quite decided on what wheels to use yet. I was set on the 15" ET 5 window high angle wheels on a 10" or 12" wheel. I have kind of started scratching my head on what I want again. I may be on a big block chevy kick as well. I have been in the search for a blower for the 283ci sbc but eyeing a big block. Don't know what I am really thinking about for it. We have come to a conclusion that I have already surpassed my budget plan with the air ride setup. I guess it will be more of a retro rat. lol. All these classifications. I'm just building a cool truck I guess. I hope it all falls together that way anyways.

Thanks guys. It has been some work but it is finally coming along. Hopefully we will have it on the road by October for Hunnert Car Pileup.

Looking good, that grill fits the look nicely, just need to chop it down alittle unless you're planning on throwing sparks! The turbo that was sitting on there looked pretty sweet, but I really like they way those new headers look in the middle of the door! Keep it up!

Latest posts

Back