AB-ie has commenced

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
null_zps955b739e.jpg

null_zpse7ef1450.jpg

null_zps064bb7da.jpg

Got the floor in and welded and the seats mounted

null_zpsb061aa89.jpg

null_zps8a9c50ac.jpg

Bear claw latches showed up

null_zps8072e19b.jpg

Took 4" out of the grille shell

null_zps5f228cdb.jpg

Shutters closed

null_zpsee6e287f.jpg

Shutters open

love the sports car hidden under an old rusty pickup.

Kool Koncept, kinky even.

only change I would make is swapping the rear Caddy th400 tail shaft for a short Chevy tail, and using the rear double u-joint from a 70's Caddy. that would move the engine 8-10" closer to the rear, and have less tendency to shake.

love the sports car hidden under an old rusty pickup.

Kool Koncept, kinky even.

only change I would make is swapping the rear Caddy th400 tail shaft for a short Chevy tail, and using the rear double u-joint from a 70's Caddy. that would move the engine 8-10" closer to the rear, and have less tendency to shake.

Thank you it is kinda kinky, it was a bold move but one I believe will work well!
I didn't want to build something that would get lost in a crowd! [dr

vromm vromm soon

at this rate it won't be long its runnin' down the highway[cl

looks like there is lots of leg room with no tranny hump to go thru the middle of the cab for a driveshaft.

this thing is just flat out double cool[dr

Later :cool:

null_zpsf5e73535.jpg

Drilled and slotted 11" rotors, I figured if they can stop a BBC Camaro should work fine here.

null_zps4a6e41ab.jpg

Started on the dash

null_zps94472a6f.jpg

7" dual chamber Booster and 1" corvette MC

null_zps8f82a986.jpg

I love stop signs for fan shrouds

null_zps6304b732.jpg

null_zps62ffd7b1.jpg

null_zps26381de9.jpg

Hunter our 6 yr old learning about magnets and metal shavings!

null_zps55f11590.jpg

Thanks for all the compliments, I wasn't sure if my build would be of any interest as there aren't many out there and it is really out of the norm but I wanted something strange and different that could still be long, low, loud, and sinister!

That's what hot roddin' and rat roddin' is all about.
Looking good.

whats going in the space between the radiator and firewall :confused:

gas tank?

Later :cool:

Hey Skull you will see in some upcoming photos space gets real tight up front, I have a R&P to mount and there still needs to be space for the coolant line. I'm using 2 spun aluminum 11 gal tanks and the will sit side by side above the tranny

That's what hot roddin' and rat roddin' is all about.
Looking good.

Thanks Maverickmk I built this to the vision I had trying to do something completely out of the box. I'm not looking to win at shows or become a famous builder on tv, but I when i build things I love to show off my skills and creativity and really in the end nobody wants to drive an ugly car!
Thanks for watching

Hey Skull you will see in some upcoming photos space gets real tight up front, I have a R&P to mount and there still needs to be space for the coolant line. I'm using 2 spun aluminum 11 gal tanks and the will sit side by side above the tranny

sound like good plan on the tanks[cl

got pics of them thar tanks?

Later:cool: :

null_zps887a18e5.jpg

You can see with the booster and MC along with the radiator there isn't much room up front and I still have to run the 1 1/2" copper coolant lines to the radiator!

null_zps88ee0c69.jpg

null_zpsb8e01f8f.jpg

null_zps4cff0c56.jpg

null_zpsc804b249.jpg

Started on the headers. Hellsgate flanges and 1 3/4" sq tube.

Latest posts

Back