Undead Sleds / Rat Rods Rule - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Sleepers, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007!

Go Back   Undead Sleds / Rat Rods Rule - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Sleepers, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007! > Builds!

Builds! Post your project here... show us what you're up to! Please Note: This section is for "Builds" ONLY!

Old 08-13-2013, 12:35 AM

Gonna have a friend make a removable vinyl tonneau for the roof so we can go semi topless if we want to!

My brother from another mother works in a glass shop so he is doing all the glass, it's laminated so I went get stabbed in the face in case it breaks!

Got the crank all mounted solid and moving freely

Old 08-13-2013, 01:00 AM

When I was talking with Heidts about the front suspension and certain dimensions were given my track width would have been too narrow. I wanted the frame to taper from behind the grille to the cab and mostly be hidden be the tin, so using the 11" upper and 14" lower A-arms along with a dodge omni rear steer R&P I extended the mounting points for the A-arms out 4" farther than the Heidts design achieving the wide stance that would match with the Jag IRS.

I had to use an inner rack extension kit to extend the width of the rack center to center so I don't have any bump steer issues.

It's kind of hard to see here but the rack is mounted form the top side. There are 2 pieces of 1" pipe sleeved thru a 2x2x1/4 wall square tube.
Old 08-13-2013, 04:04 PM
Builder Junky!

Hi Strange willy, keep up the good work. I'm glad that you kept the curve in the roof edges, as that always looks a way better. It is a bad feeling when you build and build and then find out the last piece doesn't fit,----- but you cheated the devil and made it work. Very good.
Keep on tinkering.
Old 08-13-2013, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercuryMac View Post
Hi Strange willy, keep up the good work. I'm glad that you kept the curve in the roof edges, as that always looks a way better. It is a bad feeling when you build and build and then find out the last piece doesn't fit,----- but you cheated the devil and made it work. Very good.
Keep on tinkering.
Thank you MercuryMac. I think it turned out for the better I really like the look.
Old 08-13-2013, 07:04 PM

So I'm 6'2" with knees that don't work like they should and this thing is fairly tight and could use some leg room at least for my right leg and go-fast pedal.

Flipping the hump will gain me 6" in the center if the cab, I'm glad this thing doesn't have a tranny hump as well.

Old 08-13-2013, 07:29 PM

I have had these sitting in the garage since I started the frame, this thing needs some tire. Mickey Thompson sportsman S/R 26x10x15 for the front and 31x18x15 for the rears. Searched and searched for rims that would fit the look I was after, what do you put on a 31' Willys? I didn't really want any chrome or aluminum since nothing else is schiney. So I found a company to custom build my wheels 15x14 rears and 15x8 fronts I waited not so patiently for them to show up and I believe it makes the truck!

52 spoke wire wheels powder coated black

I think the truck needed this much tire and wheel to fit the proportions of this beast

Oooooohhhhh dat ass!

My brother helping me move the truck from my work to home gonna have to finish it at the house.
Old 08-13-2013, 07:59 PM
''SARCASM: just one of his many talents.''

every thing looks great, right tires, right stance, motor is spot on and the build concept and workmanship are great

but those wheels just don't look right and take away from the awesomeness of this truck

just my opinion.

Later

1928 maxwell hybrid build/drag car
http://ratrodsrule.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37455

1948 dodge truck in deceased son's memory.
http://www.ratrodsrule.com/forum/sho...odge+truck+son

1930 2dr mopar.
http://ratrodsrule.com/forum/showthr...ht=30+mopar+dr

Last edited by skull; 08-13-2013 at 08:37 PM.
Old 08-13-2013, 08:16 PM
Rebel Rodder

I really like them. But then again, anything with really fat rear tires I find totally awesome This thing is simply awesome. Keep up the excellent work, loving all the pictures.
Old 08-13-2013, 08:23 PM
I tell you... I get no respect!

Love your truck,keep up the great work.
Old 08-13-2013, 08:24 PM
Ol school snake charmer!

Definitely diggin' those wheels!

My Current Off Topic Build Paradise Road First House on The Right

"Sometimes a right proper choking is "just what the Doctor ordered". " -- Dr. Crankenstein

"......... Ratrodsrule.com. A hot rod refuge from the vulgar, the crass and the profane." -- bob w

"I need to get my front bumper calibrated. It makes more of a BANG!!! type noise." -- Flipper