New Beetle Rod from AFTERMATH

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Question about the alternator bracket, isn't having it mounted to what appears to be the frame going to cause issues when the motor torques over and the motor mounts flex? Unless I'm missing something or looking at it wrong?

The motor is not mounted to flexible mounts but rather solid mounted to the frame like a drag car. If it torques enough to affect belt alignment or tension we'll probably have bigger problems on our hands. I've used this design in the past and never experienced any issues. We'll see...

Looks awesome. I would love to see some videos of it tearing up the street. I apologize if this has been covered, but what part of Florida are you in?

I plan on making a couple videos for the owner once it's completed and I can get it out on roads that aren't wet. Currently the shop is located very close to Panama City in the pan handle but I'll be moving to a larger facility just east of Destin at the end of this month.

To you guys that have been following this build I'm sorry for the huge gap in progress. The car is finished and in it's new owners garage. PLEASE TAKE NOTE: Do not ship your cars with a company called ONE AUTO TRANSPORT out of Miami Fl. Sparing you the horrific details... it was bad, horrible customer service. Steer clear of them. Anyway, on to the finished pics.

bugfinished012_zpsa14a81f2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

bugfinished010_zpsb1e59e37.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

bugfinished009_zps78051c04.jpg
[/URL]
[/IMG]

bugfinished011_zpsaa06a760.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

bugfinished014_zpsb5030758.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

To you guys that have been following this build I'm sorry for the huge gap in progress. The car is finished and in it's new owners garage. PLEASE TAKE NOTE: Do not ship your cars with a company called ONE AUTO TRANSPORT out of Miami Fl. Sparing you the horrific details... it was bad, horrible customer service. Steer clear of them. Anyway, on to the finished pics.

bugfinished012_zpsa14a81f2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

bugfinished010_zpsb1e59e37.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

bugfinished009_zps78051c04.jpg
[/URL]
[/IMG]

bugfinished011_zpsaa06a760.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

bugfinished014_zpsb5030758.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Man that thing is obnoxious! And I LOVE it!
Are those tires legal to run on the street? I would figure cheater slicks would be better, but I don't really know :D

My dad was a VW mechanic by trade and i love em...even tattoed with the logo.
That said I must say.....This is the sickest....sweetest....baddest VW i have ever saw! Bar None! RR[dr

My dad was a VW mechanic by trade and i love em...even tattoed with the logo.
That said I must say.....This is the sickest....sweetest....baddest VW i have ever saw! Bar None! RR[dr

Thanks man, I really appreciate the compliment especially coming from a "purist."

Latest posts

Back