Vegas

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No kidding. It continues to surprise me, how many of these creations are on the road "legally". Does the term "liability" have no meaning? How are they insured? I can hear lawyers licking their chops as we speak...

That said, we do have some grandfather clauses here in SK. I can register and insure my '38 sight unseen... CHEAP and it would be categorized antique, but the coverage is nothing and I'd be asking for a lawsuit or three should I have an incident of any sort.

I have liability, some collision or destruction, sight unseen through Hagerty. Insured for 6k, using their valuation guide, 140 for the year! I pay the lizard almost twice that much a month just to drive my pickup.

I also have Hagerty on the Essex, my Saskatchewan antique insurance is an $800. value. Hagerty is $15000. for $260. a year and $30. more for gauranted flatbed road side assistance.

I run my classics through state farm. They have a good classic insurance deal. It has a 15,000 replacement value on my 50. I can't remember what I pay a month

I also have Hagerty on the Essex, my Saskatchewan antique insurance is an $800. value. Hagerty is $15000. for $260. a year and $30. more for gauranted flatbed road side assistance.

Three cheers for Hagerty! We've needed them (or somebody like them) for ages. [cl

I run my classics through state farm. They have a good classic insurance deal. It has a 15,000 replacement value on my 50. I can't remember what I pay a month

I pay them $56 a year for my rpu. I don't believe in full coverage. I can keep myself out of trouble, have for45 years but other people deserve to be protected so liability and hospitalization only on all my cars.

What's the mileage limit for this cheap insurance through Hagerty? I actually put miles on my stuff (it's over 100 miles to go anywhere out of this valley), and don't imagine I could stay under the limit.

I use State Farm for everything else... I may check this out. I'd never heard of their classic insurance.

Yeah, the guy who is my agent is a classic car collector and the guy we built the gmc street rat for is also an agent for state farm. They also don't have a millage cap per year!!

I pay them $56 a year for my rpu. I don't believe in full coverage. I can keep myself out of trouble, have for45 years but other people deserve to be protected so liability and hospitalization only on all my cars.

We have to have full coverage around here. To many uninsured retards running g around! It has saved me from losing my dodge

What's the mileage limit for this cheap insurance through Hagerty? I actually put miles on my stuff (it's over 100 miles to go anywhere out of this valley), and don't imagine I could stay under the limit.

Like most car insurance they want to know how and far it is driven. But since every single number is faded off of the odometer, I told them 500 miles a year, yes maybe a white lie, but who can tell. I used their classic car valuation tool pretty much the same as Kelly, to put a value on mine. As it improves I may up it later.

oopS looks like this thread got away from VEGAS but here is the link.

HAGERTY

Latest posts

Back