Need some help coming up with suspension on a new project

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RatTruck440

I just bought a 27 Ford Tudor to make into a rat/hot rod. I think I have someone to make me a z'd frame but I may also need some help bagging the rear and building a suicide mount for the front. I don't have the welding skills to do it right. Anyone in the Spokane area willing to do that? I'd be glad to pay for any time. I have a shop and can come up with a Lincoln welder so all I need is know how and help getting everything together to make it work out. This is the rig I bought. Thanks, Rob

my email is [email protected] and phone number is 509 280 5357

Attachments

• ImageProxy.jpg
    ImageProxy.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 74
You have a welder, start practicing.
Go on line and look up Hot rod model T frame.
You can buy a kit, ready to weld. Speedway is one place.
Mount the body before you chop it or fill in the roof.
ebay has an assortment of brackets to mount your engine (you do have one?)
trans and a rear end. A ladder bar rear suspension is pretty easy to make up once you have a rear end and frame. Once the frame is made up it comes with a front spring mount, now you have to find a front suspension set up with a cross spring...... then there is all the rest :rolleyes:

weld on........[;)

Nice body. I'm glad you are smart enough to farm out the chassis welding. My opinion, if you are going to bag it is go with 4 bar, front and rear. Not quite sure how you do bags and a suicide front

Welding

I'm in portland and happy to welder up, but you might just get everything tacked in place then talk to you local exhaust shop or 4x4 shop and see how much they would charge to finish weld it all up.

Kurt

Nice body. I'm glad you are smart enough to farm out the chassis welding. My opinion, if you are going to bag it is go with 4 bar, front and rear. Not quite sure how you do bags and a suicide front

Something like this.

Attachments

• IMG_20130913_192512.jpg
    IMG_20130913_192512.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_20130913_191824.jpg
    IMG_20130913_191824.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20130916_190748.jpg
    IMG_20130916_190748.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 38
If you farm out welding check out their work before you decide to let them do it.
Used to be welding shop around here that would send out guys to weld our shrimp boat rigging.
Most were good enough,but one guy was terrible.His welds would break every time.
Dad finally sent my brother to tech school and then he did our welding.

Latest posts

Back