My Dodge Bros coupe!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
The saga begins! Picked my new project today... a '28 Dodge Bros coupe & my ratty build will be covered in the new magazine! Will be using a 390 out of a '63 Mercury Maurader, Merc-O-Matic tranny, severe toppin' choppin', quick change rear end, suicide front end! Gonna build a z'd frame using Don's thread as a guide & use a I-beam axle from my '41 Chev panel plus some other junk I have left over form other projects! [ddd And here's the grill shell. Wow... I can't wait! Gonna make this so Mrs Tripper can drive it too! Sorry... no A/C honey!!! :eek:

BoB

Attachments

• ontrailer.jpg
    ontrailer.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 178
  • 28grill.jpg
    28grill.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 106
Ok,it's my turn to sit back and watch [P get after it Capitan[cl u have a nice start anyway and the grill well that is the crown on the Queens car.. :D

cool deal

looks like a solid start for a ratty, dont see many old dodges like that out there

Kooool score from a buddy today... a complete front end from a '46 Ford for $200! All there from wheel to wheel, juice brakes & 5x5 lugs! Think he even has some old rims that fit too!

Cool car!! Lots of dodges being built on here. i got a build thread going for my 27/28 sedan...

Cranny,
I saw that & will be ck'n it out!!!

BoB

Cruised over where I have my motors & trannys stashed to ck up on the Merc 390ci I'll be puttin' in the coupe. It has P/S & A/C so I'm pretty happy. New alum manifold & headers are definitely in order! Gonna dig it out shortly & git with the program... yipppeee!!!

BoB

Attachments

• 390.jpg
    390.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 91
Sweeeeet!!! BigIrish had some 2x4 sq tubing layin' around & sold it to me on the cheap. He also gave me a Blazer roof that he didn't use on his last project that I'll use to plug the hole in the roof of the coupe so I am on cloud 9... thanks Irish!!! [cl[cl[cl

I'm ready for some toppin' choppin'!!!

BoB

Tripper, I thought you might go home and mount that boat anchor. good luck on the build.I enjoyed the visit today.TP

Latest posts

Back