Big Block Bantam

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Today I made sheet metal pieces to seal the lower cowl and firewall from the driver's compartment. Both sides.

The steering wheel is as close to the steering box as it can get. The wheel has a quick release on it. Started making a dash rail, just under the windshield opening.

Last trip to the metal yard I found this 3/16" thick sheared aluminum plate in the shorts bin. Now it's my gauge panel.
Littlefoot, It is a mid-70's Mopar manual box. Thanks to everyone following this thread. It looks like it won't be finished til fall.

I'm not working fast. All I got done today was these simple little headlight mounts.

Ordered billet axles from Dutchman yesterday. I hope I got the dimensions right.

I can't take it to the Meltdown Drags, sc5080, so there is no real hurry. In the next few weeks I want to push the Renault ahead too.

Torchie, you'll get that truck done even if a truckload of us have to come up there and help.

I had these Speedway Motors headlight buckets in the garage attic. I might get some smaller motorcycle headlights. Any opinions?

Those lights will probably look alright and I know your jammed in the garage, but an overall shot would let you judge them better...and thanks for the steering box answer Bob!

I can't take it to the Meltdown Drags, sc5080, so there is no real hurry. In the next few weeks I want to push the Renault ahead too.

Hope the Meltdown isn't off your schedule entirely. Are you still planning to bring the Silver Bullet? I really did want to give you an opportunity to see what the back of my T looks like. :D:p:D

I'll be bringing the dragster and a friend will be running my Crosley 10.60's for the Crosley so it will have a good view of your turtle deck too.

If I can find someone with a truck and trailer I'd bring the Bantam for the show.

Got a pair of "39 Ford taillights ($30.00 from Speedway) today and threw them in. Finished making window templates. Will order Lexan soon. There's very little lip on the windshield surround so I'm going to weld tabs all around and screw the windshield in place.

Last edited:
I'm in awe! !!
All of you guys on here, fantastic talented amazing, and friendly. . Can't ask for a better site.
Someday. .. i hope to learn something.

Got a pair of "39 Ford taillights ($30.00 fro Speedway) today and threw them in. Finished making window templates. Will order Lexan soon. There's very little lip on the windshield surround so I'm going to weld tabs all around and screw the windshield in place.

[P:)[cl[cl

Latest posts

Back