Custom Mopar ????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Torchie

This is what happens when Torchie goes out with out his keeper.:eek: :rolleyes:
Torchie

Attachments

• IMG_3970.JPG
    IMG_3970.JPG
    106.1 KB · Views: 242
  • IMG_3969.JPG
    IMG_3969.JPG
    109.9 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_3968.JPG
    IMG_3968.JPG
    103.3 KB · Views: 206
I see the meetings aren't working for anyone else either hahahahaha

I was on my way to one lowbudget.[ddd

Is it all there? Fenders? Stretched taildragger? [ddd

All the sheet metal minus one rear fender Dr.
No grill or interior or engine. Just a shell really. But a good clean title and in my price range.
My local yard has 2 of these and I have a friend that has a 49 Plymouth out in his pasture so I am researching what will swap.
As always my thoughts run to a custom (Hence the title of the thread). Stance for sure. Most likely chopped as well. Looking into grill possibilities. All has yet to be revealed....
I also know the whereabouts of an early hemi.:cool:
Got to dig out some of the parts from my last custom that didn't get used.
I guess at this point it's all up to how much energy I have left and what I can scrounge for cheap/free.
Still plugging away on the boat as well.
I guess I'm cross addicted..........:rolleyes:
Torchie

nice find[cl

MAYBE we need to double the effort and install a hotline for emergencies to talk us off the ledge[S

Later:cool:

1-800-I-can't-help-myself :D

Thanks for all the comments gang.
At this point the vision is still forming.:p
I may do nothing more then make it look make a car again and send it down the road or .....
The boat is still the number one priority as I would like to have the bottom on and it flipped back over by the end of June.
I know that we joke about it, but things like this really are an addiction. Old things are like comfort food to me.
I bought my first old car when I was 14 from my paper route (Remember those) money.
My single mom allowed it as a way to keep a "Hard to handle" son home and in the garage instead of out running the streets.
This one was another one on it's way to the scraper and we can't let that happen. So as Dolly Parton would say. "Here I go again."
Torchie

I bet when you dialed that number you got a message that sounded something along these lines

" ALL OF OUR COUNSELORS ARE CURRENTLY BUSY HELPING OTHER ADDICTS, PLEASE HOLD FOR THE NEXT AVAILABLE COUNSELOR"

:D:D

:D [cl [ddd

I have mustered the troops and we will be picking up the 49 Dodge on Wednesday evening. Here is a pic of the 49 Plymouth that will donate some parts to the new project. I got my bumpers for the last custom from this car.
Most likely I will get the windshield trim(inside and out) as well as the hood and dash. Possibly the grill too, depending on it's condition. Along with some other interior parts.
Torchie

Attachments

• IMG_9149.JPG
    IMG_9149.JPG
    197.6 KB · Views: 43
Go for it, Torchie.
I am picking up a '51 Plymouth this summer as a parts car. Would '49's and 51's be the same? There might be some more parts for you in this 51.
I'll be watching you.

Go for it, Torchie.
I am picking up a '51 Plymouth this summer as a parts car. Would '49's and 51's be the same? There might be some more parts for you in this 51.
I'll be watching you.
I have a 51 Cranbrook Sport Coupe. I tried to sell some spare front sheetmetal to a buy with a 49. He t old me that the width of the car changed between 50 and 51, so things like front fenders, hood, etc., will not interchange. Not so sure about rear fenders or doors. Seems like they would make the jump alright.

Attachments

• 51Ply_3.jpg
    51Ply_3.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 24
Go for it, Torchie.
I'll be watching you.

I have a 51 Cranbrook Sport Coupe. I tried to sell some spare front sheetmetal to a buy with a 49. He t old me that the width of the car changed between 50 and 51, so things like front fenders, hood, etc., will not interchange. Not so sure about rear fenders or doors. Seems like they would make the jump alright.

My understanding is that they did change from 50 to 51 as Skip mentions.
My concern is what will fit between a 49 Dodge and a 49 Plymouth. To me they look the same except for some trim.
As I posted earlier this car is really just a shell as it has no interior at all. So I will need to located all the interior garnish mouldings. The dash is missing but I will either go with the Plymouth from the donor car shown or perhaps a different brand all together. I have a 49 Ford dash that I cut apart before I sold the last custom. I may use that if I saved all the pieces.
I still need to get to my local yard to check out what he has. Hopefully sometime next week as I am trying to get some outside work done now that it appears to be spring around here.:D
Torchie

Latest posts

Back