Hercules

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aw, don't be so modest. Y'all planned it that way. Sometimes I think the designs are in your head and you might not even know it.[cl

Diving into the last big fabrication job, making front fenders. A little more complex than the rears as I have to allow clearance on the inside for turning and since the whole fender is visible, they gotta be somewhat purty... Down to my last sheet of 18ga., so its gotta go right on the first try [;)[;):rolleyes:

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_4070.JPG
    IMG_4070.JPG
    141 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_4071.JPG
    IMG_4071.JPG
    118.1 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_4072.JPG
    IMG_4072.JPG
    116.1 KB · Views: 73
Front fenders look great so far, ZZ. 😎😎
I just bit the bullet and ordered a 4x8 sheet of 18 gauge.
My local shop called 5 places to get the best price. $160. Same as i paid for the last sheet i bought.
2 places didn't even have any and a two other were coming in at well over $225.:eek:
Time for Torchie to
get back to work on the Dodge Custom. [;)
[P [P
Torchie

Front fenders look great so far, ZZ. 😎😎
I just bit the bullet and ordered a 4x8 sheet of 18 gauge.
My local shop called 5 places to get the best price. $160. Same as i paid for the last sheet i bought.
2 places didn't even have any and a two other were coming in at well over $225.:eek:
Time for Torchie to
get back to work on the Dodge Custom. [;)
[P [P
Torchie

Wow! I paid $164 Canadian each including taxes (about $125 US) for the last 4x8 sheets I bought and I thought it was a lot - now I feel better (but sorry for you...:()
I won't even mention what I paid for the brass trim except to say doing it in stainless would have been about half the price... :eek::mad:

Got the inside panels made and tacked in place - this is the second go round - first ones turned into scrap :mad: I wasn't paying close enough attention to the alignment of the fenders when I made the templates, so once they were tacked in place the fenders were all twisted and looked like crap :( - gotta smarten up in the R&D Department :eek:
Now just a bunch of welding and grinding then mounting.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_4074.JPG
    IMG_4074.JPG
    123.2 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_4075.JPG
    IMG_4075.JPG
    107.2 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_4076.JPG
    IMG_4076.JPG
    135.3 KB · Views: 58
A whole lotta welding and grinding today has the fenders looking more presentable, a fair match to the rears and hopefully capturing the late 20's period look I'm going for...:)

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_4077.JPG
    IMG_4077.JPG
    132.2 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_4079.JPG
    IMG_4079.JPG
    120.1 KB · Views: 70
That one's gonna have bunches of people scratching their heads. It would be neat to be able to see how many searches for "Hercules" hits google when this one shows up in a crowd...

Well folks, now that the front fenders are mounted, metal fab is complete!! Off the skates and laid out, the frame rails are kissing the concrete, running boards 1" off the floor as per the plan :cool:
It's been just shy of 4 months from start to now of intensive (obsessive??) power building, in a couple days I'm going to blow it apart for finish welding etc on parts that were inaccessible, other final adjustments and beautification then its time to start painting :)

things
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_4080.JPG
    IMG_4080.JPG
    129.7 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_4086.JPG
    IMG_4086.JPG
    124.8 KB · Views: 66

Latest posts

Back