A Hupmobile ???

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent! I have a schoolbus seat in the front of the Earthmobile now. Saved from my sons conversion project. It even uses the original model a legs and pivots forward to allow access to the back seat like the original seats did.

Good idea to have the seat pivot. I have no room back there. I do have room for a couple low trays under it.

Not that much left to do on the rig so it will go on the back burner. We're a long way from roadster weather anyway. Out will come the dragster for more weight reduction, more horsepower and more spit and polish. The American way: More, More, More!

Attachments

• IMG_3165.jpg
    IMG_3165.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_3164.jpg
    IMG_3164.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 32
Made a simple trunk prop out of 3/8" rod. With the left over material I made a trunk handle. A lapse of attention caused the trunk to slam shut skinning the pad of my thumb. This is what it looks like when you won't quit working. I'm sure it's sanitary on the inside.

With the diminished skills brought on by Father Time, hot rod building is becoming a blood sport.

Yes, old28, dragster gets more ponies and less pounds.

Attachments

• IMG_3166.jpg
    IMG_3166.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_3167.jpg
    IMG_3167.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_3169.jpg
    IMG_3169.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 28
OI, You haven't posted a build for a while. I'm assuming you are building customer projects. Are they top secret?:D

Ha Ha, been doing nothing but customer stuff but, did pull the GTO out of the garage last week, moved it to the shop and now installing a 2012 Camaro 6.2 in it.
I'll start a rebuild thread on it.

Made a simple trunk prop out of 3/8" rod. With the left over material I made a trunk handle. A lapse of attention caused the trunk to slam shut skinning the pad of my thumb. This is what it looks like when you won't quit working. I'm sure it's sanitary on the inside.

With the diminished skills brought on by Father Time, hot rod building is becoming a blood sport.

Yes, old28, dragster gets more ponies and less pounds.

Bleeding yes.....between the blood thinners and my skin getting thin, lots of electrical tape and box o rags bandages

Making kick panels to cover some of the shoddy work underneath. Also finishing off the rear. The gaps are behind the seat back and not visible.

Picked up a set of Vortec heads for the engine that is going in my Anglia this spring. Hunnert bucks. But they'll get a valve job.

Attachments

• IMG_3170.jpg
    IMG_3170.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_3171.jpg
    IMG_3171.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_3172.jpg
    IMG_3172.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 32
Added door panels made from 20ga. sheet metal. Took most of a 30" by 48" sheet which cost $41.00. Seems like that's double from a few years ago.

Not much left to do on this one.

Attachments

• IMG_3174.jpg
    IMG_3174.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_3175.jpg
    IMG_3175.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 32
Been yoyoing between the dragster and this. Adjusted and bled the brakes. Cut a windshield out of Lexan (a temporary). Converted the Model A headlights to sealed beams.

A tired, original front spring square u-bolt snapped just sitting there. So I better find something stronger. Gotta mount the front tires on black rims, install and wire the starter, add fluids, tune it and she should be ready when the snow melts and the sunlight returns to Minnesota. I did see my first Robin a few days ago. Stupid bird.

Attachments

• IMG_3186.jpg
    IMG_3186.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_3187.jpg
    IMG_3187.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_3188.jpg
    IMG_3188.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 24

Latest posts

Back