windows

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LOWANDRATY

A question about window frames, not windshields but for side windows, my 32 chevy doors have nothing, just the rolled edge of the window opening, and the tack strps where the wood was nailed in, what have you used to make a run channel for the window and what did you use for the felt or rubber for the window track ???? I thought about some thin steel like a 3/4 inch U-channel and universal u groove rubber channel, but I have no way to bend the very tight curves in it without it kinking any ideas or some advice ?? and as always thanks in advance.

Often the U channel or felt channel is held in place by the window garnish moulding, 30's and 40's cars I've done were like this. For the upright straight sections that hold the channel, I have just used 3/4" box tube that I cut in half on the bandsaw, not too hard to give it a bend like at the front of the door using a torch or even over a welding cylinder. Sometimes I have used PL400 construction adhesive to keep the felt channel in place for final assembly.

Latest posts

Back