Insurance

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

28-Stude

So Im about ready to get the Stude on the road and I wondering whats a good company to go through to get insurance on cars like these. We went through our main provider and the quote seemed a little freakin outrageous.

For a car thats worth not very much, its only gonna be driven a few hundred miles a year Im hoping that I can get an inexpensive policy.

All help is appreciated.

Hagerty was the way i went on my T bucket it was about $210 a year and when i sold my car they refunded me the difference.

Thank You for the reply, I did do a google search and it brought me back here for a lengthy thread.... What'd you expect? I'm a newbie:cool:

I shopped Hagarty and Grundy, Grundy was half as much with the same coverage. Both are good companies so I saw no reason to spend the extra.

Don

I have Hagarty its 215.00 for a 10K agreed valve. I am not sure how they are if you have a problem. The 215 also gets you free towing up to 50 mile.

I use Hagerty....

never filed a claim....wife is my agent..lol....not sure you need collector car type insurance...check with an independant agent who underwrites for a number of companies and have them give you prices thru those....find the one you like and go for it...hope that helps...:D

The only problem with reg. insurance is, they will not pay you what it's worth if something happens. Hagerty was my choice because you get an agree'd value and you can drive it.

true.....

The only problem with reg. insurance is, they will not pay you what it's worth if something happens. Hagerty was my choice because you get an agree'd value and you can drive it.

But not sure what he's looking for and if he is even concerned about replacement value and such....oh God :eek:...I said Such!!! LOL

I have a different company. I've got stated value with zero deductible on my 56. I have it with a company called American Modern Home. They have a department that specializes in classic cars. Yeah, I know......"Home". BUT, I bounced my 70 VW convertible off a Buick in my church parking lot on a Sunday. I called them Monday morning and had a check by the next Friday. They said I could fix it myself if I wanted.

Oh yeah....$12500 stated value for $134.00 per year.

For what it's worth.....just sayin'.

Lynn

I have my 1940 insured through my normal carrier for a little over $300 a year which at first was fine, but I want to add more cars on now that I picked up a “1936” Ford and it’s getting pricey per month…plus they are defaulted at being worth $500 each minus deductible = I get exactly nothing for my cars. I just ran through the quote on Hagerty this morning for both vehicles and it was $271 for 2 cars which is great, especially given I was able to value them for what I have into them. However, they want pictures now….I just bought the Ford and planned on fixing it up a little as the kid I bought it from liked it a little more ratty than I care for, including just having a wooden floor on the driver’s side to sit on and leaving the trans and driveshaft exposed and no passenger floor. So for safety concerns I want to cover that all up at least, knock out a few dents and rusty spots and shoot it with rustoleum semi gloss. I am not sure the current pictures would fly for insurance purposes…not to mention it has the“suicide” front end….So how bad does a vehicle have to be before Hagerty won’t insure it? Anyone been rejected before?

I know Hagerty is pretty good. They will insure an in progress project as long as you can show you are actually working on it.
I guess I would submit the pictures and find the answer. When I insured my coupster with them the main thing they wanted was a picture of the engine, for what reason I do not know. I currently have 3 insured through them and will be adding another.

what kind of liability amounts are you guys getting for the $2-300/year? I have Nationwide for our DD's, but we have 2 sons under 25 on there, so it's spendy even without comprehensive/collision. Well over $400/mo. for 4 drivers/4 vehicles....... But, I'd like to get full coverage on the Diamond T when it's ready to hit the road........

Bodily injury 100k per person 300k per accident
Property damage 50k per accident
uninsured motorist 50k per person 100k per accident bi/10k

Three cars $326 per year.

I have Grundy for my 27 and pay $170 a year on an agreed value of $25K. This week I got my Son Dan a quote for his rpu and for $50K agreed value it is only $306. per year. To compare that with Haggerty, my Son Don has them on his T bucket with an agreed value of $25K and he pays $300 for that a year.

I have never had to put in a claim, but I have seen posts where people said Grundy was good to them when they did have a claim.

Don

I just got off the phone with Hagerty and they are ridiculous with their requests for a million pictures of every square inch of your cars and property, so I told them to just cancel my request. Looks like I will have to keep looking for another company.

Latest posts

Back