Flathead question

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LOWANDRATY

What is the best aluminum cylinder head made today.
Opinion's needed or cold hard facts. You know what they say, don't believe everything you read, so I will ask everyone that has used them instead.
Thanks in advance. Ken.

flathead

It's been 8 days and nobody has anything to say about the flathead's. Wow I must be the old crazy guy here, I can't be the only guy here wanting to waste my money on a flathead, I know I can put a small block in it for less than the machine shop fees but come on guy's, when you open that hood and you see all that pretty finned aluminum, chrome acorn nuts, and three carbs, It's like a piece of fine art, and no other engine has that sound.

No, you're not the only nut here. I have 1 in a car and 3 on the floor of the shop.

From what I've heard they are all about the same even the stock cast ones. If you shave them for increased compression you then decease their flow capabilities. The combustion chambers will then need to be modified to improve the flow. There are some specialty racing heads out there like Baron's and Wison and Woods but the are close to $1000.

A buddy of mine wrote the bible of flathead performance Joe Abbin "Flathead Ford V8 Performance Handbook". Get it and read it. It's full very useful info for the Flathead.

My 1948 59AB in my 34 Coupe.
photobucket-551-1327797811389.jpg

Latest posts

Back