brake bleeding

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that's an interesting way to bleed them. I would have never thought of that [cl
I'd have done that, before I bought one of these.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 51dvJHk5YoL._AC_SX679_.jpg
    51dvJHk5YoL._AC_SX679_.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 43
Very cool.

When I first pull out I noticed I have to give a pump or two, to make sure the system is working ok even with the new front discs and the new original style single master cylinder. After that its fine all day, but I still think there is an issue with the rear drums, even with new wheel cylinders, so I am going to give this a try.

Very cool.

When I first pull out I noticed I have to give a pump or two, to make sure the system is working ok even with the new front discs and the new original style single master cylinder. After that its fine all day, but I still think there is an issue with the rear drums, even with new wheel cylinders, so I am going to give this a try.

Is your master under the floor or on the firewall?

If you have to give it a pump or two I'm wondering if it's more a lack of residual pressure than bleeding.

Last edited:
I would say just like useing a vacuum bleeder you would need to put Teflon tape on the bleeder threads. Might have to try it just for fun !!

My Chevy had a squishy pedal for a long time. I tried everything. New master, check valves and more bleeding. I checked all my lines just for fun and I found 1 that was 1/2 turn loose. Tightened it up and bam, we have brakes!

Is your master under the floor or on the firewall?

If you have to give it a pump or two I'm wondering if it's more a lack of residual pressure than bleeding.

Yes under floor. And I see what you are getting at, the wheel cylinders are higher than master. I probably should run dual and pressure regulator/equalizer and/or move it all to firewall eventually

Latest posts

Back