To my Florida neighbors

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smallfoot

He's rockin' the "Nuttin Special"!
Hope all are doing well. I'm not one of the alarmists, but take care, get things in order and Hold on. Get your fuel now! In my immediate area stations are out of gas due to reports of evacuations. I wish the people in charge would think about the evacuations more.. It's still too early to tell where landfall will be, but they have people moving because of their statements, so lots of people run, don't know where to but they make it real hard to find fuel when the fleeing buy up all the gas.
I'm in order with supplies here and I'll stay put. God bless all and stay safe!

My sister and her husband and cat left Venice a couple days ago. They have a trailer in a 55 and older park and a permanent home up here. They are hoping there is something to go back to this winter.

Last Saturday i beat the crowds, got supllies including plywood. This morning I decided to board up because the track narrowed for a bad hit close to me. So I boarded up the vulnerable side, because I didn't want to do it in the middle of a squall. when I'm done, everything had changed.

Now every update has the center track heading south of me, east of Lakeland, then to Orlando, and weakening, I may still be in the eye, but the coast wherever it heads is going to concern many, so be safe wherever!

Small sending positive thoughts your way !!!
Bolt everything down and hope for the best.:eek:
Keep us up to date on your status [dr

Thanks guys for the thoughts. I'll be better here than trying to second guess mom nature. I'm near the center of the state and not on the coast. Even if it heads right to me, the power will be considerably lowered moving across land.
I don't consider it wise to move from a solid, time proven structure to a vehicle searching for a place to go! If it whoops me, so be it...

About 4:30 am...been getting rain bands all night here. Expected that and will continue for a day or two. For those that haven't been thru it, a storm like this is about 500 miles wide. So most of our state will get pretty wet. Still hasn't landed but future tracks have it coming thru here. We'll watch and see but I know if the "experts" are right and it follows the expected path, it won't be much as far as intensity when it gets here. Possibly a cat 1 or less.

Now a cat 5,:eek:

hitting Fort Myers, then heading my way. Just cooked up all my perishables, secured as much as I could, boarded up a front window, parked my truck close to front door in case I have to charge my phone, and to block wind and other stuff.

My cats are hiding under the bed.

When i get power back, i will include pics. Have a great day..:cool:

Latest posts

Back