1965 IHC Scout

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zzrodder

It ain't grey hair, it's chrome!
Look what followed me home today :rolleyes:
My Packard friend is thinning out his herd of Cornbinders to move, so I rescued this 65 Scout for a future build. It's actually pretty rust free, originally from Oregon. At this point my plan is to build it after the Packard Gasser, make it a ground scraping 2wd with LS GM power, IFS, 9" rear, coil overs or maybe air ride. Not too keen on the look of the big round tail lights or the stepside looking tailgate, some kind of custom changes needed there...
Anyways, thats the plan for now, things could get changed or radicalized when the build actually starts ....:cool:

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_4425.JPG
    IMG_4425.JPG
    127.3 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_4436.JPG
    IMG_4436.JPG
    103.2 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_4438.JPG
    IMG_4438.JPG
    133.2 KB · Views: 57
I attacked the Scout today, got all the old running gear pulled and set it down on blocks. Almost where I want it, though it's clear that the body needs to be channeled over the frame, because it hangs down below the rockers 3" or more. That means new floors and a custom frame, plus wheel tubs in back and front, plenty of metal fab.... This is as far as it goes for now, have to save my magic beans for the gasser project :cool:

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_4445.JPG
    IMG_4445.JPG
    145.3 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_4442.JPG
    IMG_4442.JPG
    111.8 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_4446.JPG
    IMG_4446.JPG
    138.5 KB · Views: 47
Hey ZZ

Those little trucks are super cool...don't throw out those parts...they have a cult following in 4x4 and International group too...

Thanks for bringing us along for the ride...

Cant wait

MikeC

looking forward to this one.. [P

Me too, but you guys will have to be patient, it'll be a while...

Hey ZZ

Those little trucks are super cool...don't throw out those parts...they have a cult following in 4x4 and International group too...

Thanks for bringing us along for the ride...

Cant wait

MikeC

Oh no, nothing gets chucked out, those parts are already spoken for by the guy I got it from and the IHC dude from ScoutsPluss.com

Going for a look something like this...:)

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1962-international-harvester-scout-80.jpg
    1962-international-harvester-scout-80.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 51
Love the look of the Scout body. Here's a couple pics of my friends Scout ... built on a slightly different theme :D but its been lots of fun over the years.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Based on what I've seen of your builds I'm sure you'll knock this one out of the park too!

Attachments

• Dave Pelissier came all the way from Winnipeg Ma.jpg
    Dave Pelissier came all the way from Winnipeg Ma.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0040.jpg
    IMG_0040.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 27
Me too, but you guys will have to be patient, it'll be a while...

Oh no, nothing gets chucked out, those parts are already spoken for by the guy I got it from and the IHC dude from ScoutsPluss.com

Going for a look something like this...:)

attachment.php

I've wanted to build a low-slung 2wd out of one of these little half-cab scouts ever since I saw them as a teenager. I'm excited to see what you do with it.

I've wanted to build a low-slung 2wd out of one of these little half-cab scouts ever since I saw them as a teenager. I'm excited to see what you do with it.

I've wanted to pi$$ the off the bronco crowd and build a 2wd slammed early bronco!

I had a 2wd AD100 Ramcharger... I never should have sold it :rolleyes:
It came up for sale a few yrs ago and some idot painted it metal flake red ,raised the body 6-8" and fitted 22" lowrider style bling rims :confused:
Almost made me cry. I wanted to resque the poor thing but the price was phenomenal.... :eek:

I have a Scout just like that. My vision is pretty much the same as yours except cruise it with half-cab off and the windshield laid down. Good luck with the project!

I have a Scout just like that. My vision is pretty much the same as yours except cruise it with half-cab off and the windshield laid down. Good luck with the project!

Something like these ones.... Mine has a fixed window frame, but that could be changed :rolleyes:

Attachments

• images (1).jpg
    images (1).jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_5151.jpg
    IMG_5151.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 17

Latest posts

Back