Rustoleum Paint on a frame

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LOWANDRATY

I know Im asking a question that everyone has an opinion about, but has anybody used it to paint a frame ,how did it hold up, I know the real paint guys here are going to blast me about using good automotive paint and primer, but its just not in the budget to go that way, and I have no where to do it myself, just wanted to know if you used it how did it work out.

I have painted tons of rock buggys and roll cages with rattle cans. If you keep them out of the sun as much as you can they work pretty well. The sun fades them out pretty quick if you don't.

I used rustoleum flat black on the bottom of my duster, and that was close to 12 years ago. Its not as smooth as some of the epoxies out there but it gives good protection. On another rant, I went to the local Home Depot looking for a gallon of rustoleum flat black paint and then did not carry that color.

this is good stuff for frames

this is what I use...spray or brush on the frame right over rust! $65.oo a qt I think. Make sure theres NOTHING else near where you spray or it will be permanently black oversprayed!. WILL NOT COME OFF!

Attachments

• framepaint.jpg
    framepaint.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 61
I used rustoleum flat black on the bottom of my duster, and that was close to 12 years ago. Its not as smooth as some of the epoxies out there but it gives good protection. On another rant, I went to the local Home Depot looking for a gallon of rustoleum flat black paint and then did not carry that color.

I guess it all depends on where you live. They have it at my Home Depot.

Rustoleum works great, you can get it at Lowes as well. I've used it on a lot of stuff with good results, it's on the fenders of my Buick. BTW...you thin it with Acetone.

Por 15 outlet!!

Here you go guy's, e-bay item # 290324198752, just a way to find the POR 15 Outlet e-bayer, 100% feedback almost 8000 transactions. You bet he's in my favorite sellers.

Rustoleum flat black for every thing under the car includeing wheel wells frame and floors. just power wash it every few years and put another coat on lasts forever. its dirty work but you will like the look

Painting with Rustoleum

I work in a body shop where we work exclusively on big trucks. lots of times we spray the frames with Rustoleum or a tractor enamel to cut costs. We use lacquer thinner to reduce the paint enough to spray thru our guns. the lacquer thinner evaporates faster than enamel reducer and leaves a good gloss that holds up .

I used rustoleum appliance paint on a lot of frames suspension parts and the under side of motorcycle fenders. It seem to hold up a little better then the regular rustoleum.

The only thing is that it only comes in gloss black or white.

Latest posts

Back