1950 shoebox

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LOWANDRATY

I bought the 50 shoebox that Dragfink had for sale, I sent a pm to BenD over on the h*** but have had no reply, I may just need to call him, Who has used shippers for non running cars, names #'s, I would like to support someone from this site, keep it in the family so to say.
Next question, I want to start building a parts pile for the shoebox, there has got to be a better way to lower the front end without just cutting coils, I have seen lower spindles and drop steering arms, but $700.00 is a little steep I think, or the complete ball joint setup, with spindles and disc. for $2000.00, come on if it was a 55-57 chevy I could get a complet kit from summit for $500.00 there has to be a better way and cheeper way, want it to ride good, stop good, and BE SAFE !!!

Kenny...cheap and easy way to get started on the front is (1990) Ford Aerostar van coils...they drop right in, have a great spring rate, give a good ride, and drop the front end about 2 1/2 - 3"...
Part #'s:
Napa...2775245
Moog...CC850
...less than $60 a pair...

Replace the rubber O-rings that go on top of the coils while you're at it...
Mac's makes them, part # is : 1381-5415-a

When you start going lower than 3" on a stock shoebox front end, you start having major problems with bump steer and alignment...you can relocate those barson the lower control arm that are inside the coil spring pocket, to, underneath the coil spring pocket, and pick up another 1"...

Latest posts

Back