1935 wire wheels

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don, Go ahead almighty metal master, you can post pictures here if you like, I have no problem looking at you and your sons work, I would like to have anybodys pictures here if they can show tires and wheels on thier cars, or trucks and it would be nice if the post-er would tell what size the tires are pictured, that may help anybody that has the same questions about tire size, what will fit, and how they look, before they buy them.

LOWANDRATTY, I have a nice set of 35 Ford wires that I'll be using soon myself. I actually like the simplicity of them over the more valuable KH bent spokes.

Optimal tire size is of course subjective. I take into account the size and desired stance of the car when making a tire choice.

At your request, these are 7.50X16 Firestones in the rear and 5.50X16 Firestones in the front on my coupe. Many like to run a smaller front tire as BED suggested but here the taller tires for comparison.

I'm glade that you all brought up Rally american wheel co. I.m planing on buying some wheels from them.Wire spokes for my 31 model A..Thanks again..

I have dealt with them a number of times over 6 or 7 years no problems. the last time was 3mo ago for 35 Ford wire wheels to go on my Harley trike I am building. I had to wait 3 weeks but was told up front by the kid.
good luck and Merry christmas.....(not outlawed here in Calif....yet)

Thanks all for bringing this back to the top. I am installing 35 wheels on 40 drums in the rear and 17'' on the ft of a speedster. Need the adapters. Any one have a pic of one, or a set that you would sell?

Just the straight spokes, I dont have the cash for the KH wheels, I refuse to spend more on wheels than I did on the entire engine and trans rebuild.

yeah
that is a heart breaker for me.
love the look
but i wont spend more on wheels than i did on a new longblock:(

Thanks all for bringing this back to the top. I am installing 35 wheels on 40 drums in the rear and 17'' on the ft of a speedster. Need the adapters. Any one have a pic of one, or a set that you would sell?

I just bought a set from Speedway, but I did it via ebay, because the shipping was cheaper that way, go figure.

You can see a set of them on the passenger seat.... My one year old was helping me install them.....

Interesting that you are running the 35 wheels in the rear and the 34 up front, I did the opposite. I can tell you if you have Buick drums up front, you need different spacers. You also need 1.25" spacers in addition to the support spacers.

What do the 1.25 spacers do? How did you find them on e bay, I have looked?

Well, the wire support spacers, you need to search under "Early Ford Wire Wheel Support". They cost me $20.00 each plus shipping.

I needed the 1.25 spacers only because I am running Buick finned drums, not the stock 40 Ford drums. I didn't need the spacers with the Ford drums, the wheels cleared them okay, but not the Buick. The spacers moved the wheels out enough to clear the edge of the drum.

To find the spacers you just need to search for your wheel pattern, and have to pay close attention that you don't buy a pattern adapter(unless of course you want that)

Not sure if this will work... These are what I ended up with

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171090972193?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Not running buick drums on this. I am building a model a speedster, and the belly buttton seems to run the 17'' all the way around. I wanted the 16'' on the rear for a more massive look. A HAMB member makes the spacers for the wire to hyd drum. Thanks for your help.

Not running buick drums on this. I am building a model a speedster, and the belly buttton seems to run the 17'' all the way around. I wanted the 16'' on the rear for a more massive look. A HAMB member makes the spacers for the wire to hyd drum. Thanks for your help.

Yeah, I saw his, I just liked the speedway ones better for my needs.

Latest posts

Back