Tape residue removal

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LOWANDRATY

I taped off my car one weekend before I painted it, painted the next weekend, had to repaint the second weekend, the tape was on it for about 15 days, when I pulled the masking tape off there is a sticky residue where the tape was, I need to get this off but I don't want to hurt my fresh paint, the paint has been done for a week now, any sugestions. I now know how important it is to, tape it, paint it, and remove the tape asap, I guess you could call it a senior moment !!!! somebody has done this before and had to figure out the hard way of fixing it, can anyone make it simple for me.

h2owell

peanutbutter works wonders to remove tape residue. just smear it on and let it stand for a coouple of hours and wipe it off. clean thouroughly to remove
oily residue.

tape residue

I tried the wd40, wax, even tried goof off, none of it worked, it rained here all weekend so I could not move it out of my storage building, very tight space and not the best light, so I get a flash light last night and really started looking at the areas, its not residue, the making tape left imprints in the paint, so in a few weeks when I get back to work on it I will back mask the black and repaint the red, it's always something when your learning curve has peek's and valley's :D

Latest posts

Back